The Aesthetic Way To Organize Your Spotify

Here’s A Genius Way To Organize Your Cluttered Spotify Playlists In 5 Minutes Or Less

Unlike your room, you'll want to clean this up. Trust me.

239

I used to just have a few playlists on Spotify. And that was fine. I didn't care where I put new music, old music, and the occasional throwback track from high school.

But recently, I've discovered the power of an organized Spotify.

It's encouraged me to listen to music in a more thoughtful way, and keep a 'digital scrapbook' of sorts, where I can revisit parts of my life and the songs I was listening to. Think about if you could go back and listen to the songs you were obsessed with when you broke up with your first boyfriend, or went on a pivotal trip at a specific point in your life.

How cool would that be?

Read on for the easy way I keep my Spotify organized.

1. Make a monthly playlist.

https://open.spotify.com/user/samster16?si=a3SnS2vtQlSUwjJcR4LZxw

At the beginning of each month, create a new playlist.

Title it the month and the year. Assign a cover photo that's your favorite photo you took in the month beforehand. In this case, my cover photo is from September 2019.

Throughout the month, this is the place you will put the songs you are listening to right now. It helps to separate between months because we naturally tire of songs quickly, and having a fresh palette makes for a more enjoyable listening experience.

Plus, in the future, you'll be able to look back and see what you were listening to at any given time.

2. Think about your moods, and make a playlist for each.

Are you looking to relax and be calm? Create an "easy listening" playlist. Are you feeling like you just need to remember who the f*ck you are? Create a "these define me" playlist. The possibilities are endless.

You can add to these at any time. Keep these playlists at the top of your Spotify playlist organizer, and put your monthly-s below.

3. Have an "I kinda like" playlist.

The best way to keep clutter out is to keep moving: aka, keep adding songs.

My favorite way to acquire new music is to have an "i kinda like" playlist. As you can see, it has songs. Why? It's is a place I can put songs I'm kinda vibing with, and I've had the playlist since February 2017.

Any time I need new music, I can go to this playlist and re-listen to the most recent songs (or the older ones). 9 times out of 10, I end up liking that song, and put it into a mood playlist or my current monthly.

Make sure to follow me on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/samster16?si=a3SnS2vtQlSUwjJcR4LZxw

And there you have it! That's how to organize your Spotify in 5 minutes or less.