Open Your Eyes

Open Your Eyes

It's a shame what people miss when they don't just simply look around.

14
Open Your Eyes
Imgur

Most people look at the world in such a negative view but they’re missing the small details. If you want a good life then you need to look at life in the good ways. Yes, we have Donald Trump as our new president and he’s already starting his master plan but there are so many things in this world that people forget to recognize. We choose to be upset, angry, and mad at the world without taking a second look at what we have.

First, I challenge you to look outside your window right now and name all the beautiful things nature has created for us: birds, trees, snow, flowers, the colors of the sky, etc. These are all aspects of life a lot of people forget about. At night time, there are stars, planets, sometimes clouds, or peaceful rain. Nature has beauty in it but we ignore our surroundings with the stigma of the media.

Secondly, I challenge you to name all the people in your life that you know love you: mom, dad, sister, brother, cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, friends, etc. Those people are your backbone when you’re feeling a little weak. There will be times that you disagree or don’t always get along but they will always love you no matter what. Forget about the people who pick and pry at your every move, who call you names, who don’t see you for you. You’ve already got the people who adore you day by day.

Thirdly, I challenge you to think of the aspirations and unique features of this world that make you happy: music, movies, when people smile, when you’re called beautiful, books, sports, dancing, singing, going on adventures, photography, etc. The list could literally go on and on. So as you can see, we don’t have to flood our lives with all the negative views that social media portrays. We don’t need to focus on the elements of life that distract us from what truly is beautiful and worth spending time to looking at.

Lastly, I challenge you to take a day whether that’s 24 hours, a few hours of your day, or a couple days to just turn social media off. Put aside the "she said, he said" arguments, the lies, the stigma. Open your eyes to your surroundings and put your phone on silent. Don’t get caught up in the drama in the lives of people you don’t even know. Look around, open up, and see.