An Open Letter To My Angel In Heaven

An Open Letter To My Angel In Heaven

Each day that passes is one day closer to seeing you again.

1046
An Open Letter To My Angel In Heaven

To my angel in heaven,

"If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven to bring you home again."

First, I want to tell you how much I miss you. I miss our family cookouts, I miss the birthday parties, I miss seeing you at Christmas and all of the other holidays we celebrated together. I miss opening presents early with everyone on Christmas Eve. I miss you so much, more than you will ever know. It’s not the same without you here, they say it gets easier with time. It’s been two and a half years and I’m still hurting just as much as the day you were suddenly taken from us.

Second, I want you to know how much I love you. I know we didn’t say it enough to each other when you were still alive and that is one of my biggest regrets. I can say it all I want now but it’s not the same. I just hope you know how loved you are.

I am beyond grateful for the 16 years we got to spend together, I wish we could have spent another 16 together. I try and visit you as often as possible, it’s not easy. I still don’t believe that you’re gone. I still expect to see you at family events and holidays, I still think that you’re going to come walking through the door one day. I know that isn’t going to happen, I just don’t want to face it that you’re really gone.

I didn’t get a chance to say goodbye, it all happened so quickly. Nobody expected to get a phone call that day saying you were no longer with us. You were so young; only 23 years old. You had your entire life ahead of you. Your wings were ready, but my heart was not.

Sometimes I show people your picture and they all have the same response, “Wow, she’s beautiful”. Blonde hair, blue eyes, and of course your big beautiful smile that could light up an entire room. Heaven must be beautiful because they have you.

A lot has happened since you’ve been gone, I graduated high school last June. It was a really big accomplishment. I finally turned 18, I’m legally an adult now. I got my license, and they even moved me up to higher positions at work! I hope you’re proud of me. I wish you were here for all of this but most of all, I wish you were here to see me walk across the stage at graduation.

Since you’ve been gone, I’ve learned to live each day like it’s my last, tomorrow is never promised. One day you’re here and the next day you’re gone.

I hope you’re doing ok up there, everyone misses you like crazy. We would do anything to have you back. I would do anything for just one more hug, one more phone call, anything just to see you one last time.

I love you so much Gianna, to the moon and back, always and forever, until we meet again.

Rest easy.