To the Simple Things
Wellbeing

An Open Letter: To The Simple Things

An open letter dedicated to living within the small and simple things in life.

186
An Open Letter: To The Simple Things
Pexels.com

To the Simple Things,

I know there's probably a saying dedicated to the "simple things," that life gives us. I suppose one could label that phrase, indeed, a cliché. However, could it be that maybe, just maybe, the simple things do impact us positively?

Recently, there was something that happened to me that I wished would come to pass a while ago. I let that hope pass as time quickly produced no results. But then, without warning, little bits of positivity would come about: a word of encouragement here or healthy advice there. It all seemed to be smaller pieces of a bigger puzzle. These simple things lead to that one event I wished for long ago.

We often times think that the major occurrences should happen right now. And if they happen right this moment, it'll appease us in all we've hoped for. But what is overlooked is the simple things that helped build your positivity along the way. I understand that it may not seem like much, but any sign that everything will work in your favor is worth remembering and living in. The smaller moments are just as important as the bigger ones.

Life is difficult. However, I wish for everyone out there to admire all of the simple things that come your way. And most importantly: believe that those small moments will lead to something greater for you. Anything is entirely possible, and you're worth all of those possibilities. I've said many times before, but here it is yet again: never let others mute your happy little moments. These simple things in life hold various meaning for each individual. No one in any shape or form is allowed to tell you what exactly that meaning is. That is completely up to you.

As with anything I write, I am only voicing from perspective. But I know how hard it is to see the positive in small bursts and not getting the immediate result. I have learned to look at these simple things as building blocks and relish what they give to me. All things will work out fine; just believe in the simple things.

May you find comfort in these mini bursts of happiness even if, at first, they're hard to place faith in.

Positively,

Jessica