To The Person Who Needs To Remember To Love Themself

It’s your life experiences that have made you stronger and shaped the person you are today.

967
@missmoorestyle

I see that you are hurting.

I can see that you’re in pain. I can see that you are struggling with finding who you are and where you fit in. It’s written on your face and screaming through your bones as you quietly float through life. As I witness you trying to figure life out, I can feel those stabs in my heart right along with you. Seeing and feeling your pain like it’s my own inspired me to write this to you; I want you to find something happy to hold in your heart.

I just want to start by listing some of your best qualities that others love about you. You are such a sweet soul, you are always willing to give to just about anyone. You will drop everything you’re doing if that means listening to a distressed friend, writing someone a note of encouragement, or even just passing out candy to people passing you by. You are so easy to talk to; people are always willing to come to you with their turmoil because who show that you genuinely care. You are hilarious, creative, and resilient. These are all qualities that you should be proud of, no one’s ugly words should tear you down.

I know how it can be hard to recognize these qualities in yourself when there are those people out there who want nothing more than to see you fail. You care a lot about how these people perceive you, what they say about you, and if they find you annoying. This saddens me because honestly, you shouldn’t need to care.

You have so many beautiful people out there in your life who appreciate you and all of your quirks, and those are the people who deserve a spot on your mind.

Remember those friends who always make you happy when you feel the world crumbling around your shoulders. Remember how they always find a way to make you smile, laugh, and feel good about yourself. Remember those people who have dropped what they’re doing at really odd-hours of the day to listen to you and give you the advice and love that keeps you going. These are the people who you should be thinking and be worrying about, as they definitely constitute the definition of a good friend and you obviously appreciate them for all they do.

The people who tear you down don’t deserve the light of day.

You have to ignore the people who say horrible things, they don’t really know you. Whatever has made you question the person you are, whether that be something that has happened in your past or is happening now, should not make you feel so down. Whatever your demons are, you have to recognize that they exist, but then you have to try to move on from them. People say words, and you can’t change that those words have been screamed at you, but you can make an effort to take them with a grain of salt and keep loving yourself.

It’s these experiences that have made you stronger and shaped the person you are today.

I know it can be hard to take advice and compliments from just a single person. You are probably thinking, “great, you think I’m awesome, but what about everyone else?” Due to me being in this predicament quite often, I took the liberty to ask some friends of mine, who know you well, to give you some advice and words of encouragement to keep you going. They told me to tell you that you are beautiful, you have probably the hugest heart in the world, and that you can power through. I’m not the only one who believes in you.

Stay strong, dear friend. You can power through this.

Love,

The Stranger Who Was Worried About You Last Monday