For The People With A Negative Outlook On Life

Life is good if you allow it to be good.

586

I've been there. I know how it feels. My whole life has felt unlucky; a real series of unfortunate events. I let these events control my emotions and basically every aspect of my life and it took a huge toll. I was so pessimistic that it was unreal. The only thing I had was complaints and the only way I could communicate with people was through complaining.

I was right about one thing, though. Life does suck, and it is super random. You have a right to acknowledge that fact. You have the right to be angry.

But have you ever had someone tell you that having a positive attitude can brighten your whole day? I get it, you're probably rolling your eyes right now. What if it was true, though? What if you actually tried it for more than a few hours without having the thought of "Well *whatever* has just happened, obviously I'm not meant to be happy." You could actually be happier. Or maybe you don't want to or don't feel ready to change. I can respect that. I felt that way at one point, but then I saw how negatively it was affecting my relationships and decided I needed to change.

Shockingly, life can be good if you make it good. I'm not going to lie and say that I don't ever get into bad moods because believe me, I do. Things just aren't as bad as I used to make them. I wake up with the intent of having a good day, uplifting other people, and appreciating everything that happens. Crappy things that happen in life can be seen as sucky, or a learning experience. Every bad thing that happens makes you stronger and gives you life experience. I think that's a real blessing.

Understand that everything happens for a reason. If one door closes, another will open. Maybe not immediately, but eventually, I swear it will. Not everything is meant to be, and you have to let that go and understand that honestly, it's for your own good. Better things are coming.

Make your day better and appreciate what you have because I can one hundred percent guarantee that someone in the world has it worse that you.

The cup can be half empty or half full. The decision is yours.