To The Loud Girl

To The Loud Girl

I get it, you are a lot to handle.
160

Dear Loud Girl,

I get it, you are a lot to handle. You are loud, confident, proud and up-front. You don't fear letting others know your opinion on things, whether it be as controversial as politics or as simple as why you prefer Taco Bell over Taco John's. In high school, it is super hard to sometimes be yourself, but in the end, you let it all shine through. You get called annoying and bossy, but you’re the natural-born leader type and take full advantage of it. You have no problem making the final decision when people can’t seem to decide, and you still have to take the heat when someone isn’t a fan of what is being done. You learn to take it with a grain of salt and move past the snarky comments. Sometimes, you like to think what it would be like if you just kept your mouth shut when someone says something you disagree with, but then who would you really be? You wouldn’t be you at all.

Some people would never believe it, but you have a huge heart. All you want to do is help people and make the world a better place. When you love, you love with all of your heart. Yes, you don’t hold back your opinions and sometimes they do come off as rude, but you don’t mean to. Your voice doesn’t exactly know how to hold back and sometimes the harsh tones seep through. You truly do wish someone would give it a try and see just how amazing and caring you are. And, when they finally do take a chance on you, they will realize that you are a one-of-a-kind type of girl.

"Girls like me have too much to offer, too much to offer"- Grace

It has taken some time, but you know that that is the truth. You find yourself apologizing for the resting bitch face. You don't always smile, but that doesn't mean you are unhappy. You aren't always super peppy and upbeat, but everyone has their days!

You enter a room and can start a conversation with anyone. You are bubbly and contagious, and people know that. They can feel your energy and the mood changes because of your actions. You are influential and you do understand that. Keep that up throughout your life, it will take you to far places. Remember to take control of your influence in positive ways. Try to smile more, laugh a lot.

As a loud girl, things can get wild. It could be 8 am on a Saturday and your mother is shushing you because you are basically yelling (not telling) the story about your dream. You ramble on and on, mainly due to the fact that you enjoy conversation. You sing at the top of your lungs over the top of the radio, regardless of how high you have the radio turned up. And guess what, there is nothing wrong with how loud you are. Your friends know that if they need to find you, they just have to listen for your laugh. It’s contagious. Your teachers know that if something needs to be announced to the masses, you can get everyone's attention. And, leading the cheering for sporting events is definitely your job. Do NOT ever quiet down, not for anyone, ever. Be loud and be proud girl!

Sincerely yours,

A Loud Girl