An Open Letter to my Long Distance Best Friend

Thank you for everything that you do and more

910
Facebook

Dear you:

I would like to start out by saying thank you. Thank you for all of the times that you've been there for pre-college: the heartaches, the high school drama, heck, the middle school drama, the tears, the college acceptances and denies. Thank you for everything.

I can't believe it happened: we got separated. We were two souls joined together by chance and pulled apart by life, and slowly, I'm beginning to actually come to accept that.

When we met, you instantly became one of those people that I could not only trust with my life, but be my complete and utter self around. It may have just been chance that we met, but its not chance that we are still the best of friends.

I could easily go on a long rant about how it could possibly be better for our friendship to be far apart because "we may never argue," but that's just not possible. Frankly, it's the worst, but it doesn't mean our long distance friendship isn't one of the closest friendships to my heart.

Being far from you has made me learn to appreciate you for everything that you are: I know how to be fully and whole-heartedly proud of you. I've never gotten tired of you telling me stories about people that I don't know and boys that I could only dream of meeting.

Now that we're far apart, I have a few things to thank you for.

1. Our Long Distance Facetime Calls:

Our facetime calls mean more to me than you could ever imagine. I didn't think it was possible to not be upset by being woken up in the middle of the night by a call, but it definitely is. I never mind you picking up a story that you thought you left off on that I truly know nothing about. In fact, I learn to improvise and still come up with the best possible advice for you. I love updating you on each and every little detail in my life, regardless of how unimportant it may be to you.

2. Your Willingness to Respond:

If it weren't for you, I don't think I would be where I am today in regards to my career. I know it could be anytime and you could be in any place and you would still take the time to talk me down, give me advice or just be there to listen if I ever needed it. I am so grateful for that.

3. Your Devotion to our Traditions:

Ever since I could remember, our inside jokes have kept our friendship alive, and you don't ever let them disappear. I don't mind that you're still making fun of me for what's his face from our freshman year, or falling in the hallway during my awkward middle school stage. In fact, I'm honored that you take the time to remember these things, as its now being filled with new memories and new people. I love that we can still facetime the day after the newest Bachelor or Bachelorette episode and talk about it for hours.

Although we're separated for the time being, you still hold the most special place in my heart. Always remember that I'm only a phone call away. Thank you for being a long distance best friend to me, even though it isn't always easy.