An Open Letter To My Fellow Americans

An Open Letter To My Fellow Americans

We were screwed from the start.

6
An Open Letter To My Fellow Americans
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/30/books/review/our-divided-political-heart-by-e-j-dionne-jr.html

Dear my fellow Americans,

This past week we elected Donald Trump as our new president. Now I know what you're thinking, f*****g Donald Trump?! Who decided a man with absolutely no political background, unless you count the petty politicking that goes hand-in-hand with running a large corporation and with being very wealthy, could run our country? We did. That's right America, we elected a Cheeto to run our country.

Mind you, I am not pro Trump, but I am also not pro Hillary either. So, either you had to pick between the racist, homophobic, non political, Donald Trump or a candidate who's been cosying up to the banks and dry humping corporations for years. If you think about it, yes Hillary probably was the better candidate, trust me, I would of voted for Satan over Trump. Now, I'm going to have people thinking "Well, if Hillary could be considered the better candidate why didn't more people vote for her?". Sorry that's not good enough, clearly. Clearly us Americans decided a Cheeto was better than Hillary Clinton.

Now you're going to say "Oh, but people didn't vote for her because she is woman." Not true, they didn't vote for her because she offered no change. On the other hand, Trump represents a change, whether it's scary or not, he offers a change. Hillary stands for very little if you think about it. Let me say again, I AM NOT HAPPY WITH TRUMP. I don't support him, I don't believe there should be a wall built or any of that sort. But if you're going to ask me why I didn't vote. NEITHER of them is a suitable candidate to run our country.

This election does not surprise me. Of course he won, everyone gave him the attention he needed to win. Why are we all so shocked? Hillary? Really? What were the Democrats thinking? Don't read me wrong here I wish she had won, but she had no shot. Where was Bernie Sanders? IF they had put him on the ticket he would of beat Trump.

But how long is it going to take us to learn, our argument is not won by hurling labels and insults because we don't agree with who someone voted for. In the end, Trump may have started all this hate, but WHO IS CONTINUING IT. WE ARE. Just because someone voted for Trump doesn't mean they are racist or homophobic or any of that sort. Some are yes, but most aren't.

We can't fix this if we are not standing together. We are one nation, not a nation divided. So, I know many of you are saying "F*** Trump I hope he fails." BUT if he fails, we all fail. Look at it that way. I wouldn't root for the pilot of my plane to fail, why root for the leader of my country to fail?

OH and side note. If Trump gets assassinated or impeached, we are stuck with Mike Pence.

Sincerely,

The white girl everyone assumes is Pro Trump.