An Open Letter To My Camp Coworkers

An Open Letter To My Camp Coworkers

There's no one I would rather share my summers with.
532

Dear coworkers,

I mean...

Dear second family,

You guys have no idea the impact that you have on my summers, let alone, my whole year. You guys are my favorite people in the world. I can always count on you to be there. Even when I am having the worst day ever, you still manage to put a smile on my face.

Being a camp counselor is not an easy job, but you guys help make it fun. Collaborating with you guys on all sorts of issues, activities, and events is probably the best thing ever. I know that working with you guys on different tasks and ideas gives myself expectations that are way too high for anywhere else.

You make this job seem less and less like work. You are a part of the reason I wake up every Monday actually excited to go to work. I know this feeling is one that will be super hard to find anywhere else.

Thank you for always having my back. I can’t count the number of times we have helped each other when we needed to solve a problem with a camper. When you walk into camp, you never know what kind of fun mess you are going to get into with your campers, like jello and pudding tug-o-wars.

It’s so much easier with the best coworkers in the world by your side coaching you through it all. Your expertise and help mean everything to me. I hope I am able to help you as much as you have helped me.

Thank you for making an effort to be my friend and keep me in the loop. There are so many things that happen at camp. It’s hard to keep up with it all, especially when you have a group of kids to look after. You guys always put in that extra effort to make me feel included.

Thanks for all of our adventures together not only during our 40-hour work week but outside of camp and on the weekends, like wing nights, ice cream trips, and beaches on the weekends. You guys understand the importance of connecting with one another outside of work. I think that helps make us a better team and the best division out of the entire summer camp.

Don’t tell the other divisions and our director I said that.

I miss you guys for the other three seasons that are not summer. I look forward to working and just being with you guys every year. You guys make the long, hot, and sunny work days worthwhile. You are a huge part of the reason I want to come back to work at camp each year. You make it the best summer, every summer.

I could not imagine summertime any other way but spending it with you guys. Thank you all for every one of the laughs, all of the support, and friendship. You have no idea how much it means to me.

Love,

Your coworker