An Open Letter To My Best Friend Studying Abroad

I hope you have the time of your life in Rome.

4316
Lonely Planet Images

Dear Best Friend,

I can't believe you get to study abroad in a few days! I'm so excited for you to experience a new culture with new people. I can't wait to see what you do the next two weeks in Rome. You will have an amazing time, and I know you will make memories that last forever. As you prepare to go to Rome in the next few days, I just thought I would let you know that I am praying for you and hope you have a great time, and stay safe.

I am so proud of you for working hard to be able to have this experience. You are an inspiration to me. You get to eat real authentic Italian food and drink real Italian wine. I have to say, I'm pretty jealous of that. Rome is a beautiful country (or so I see in pictures). I can't wait to see everything you do while you're there. I'm not sure of everything they have planned for you, but I'm sure it will all be worthwhile. I know friends that have studied abroad there and loved it; I know you will too.

I've heard Rome has quite the nightlife, so I hope you take full advantage of all they have to offer. I also hope you remember to stay safe and to make good choices. Studying abroad in college is always a great experience and I know it won't be any different for you. These next two weeks are going to be such an adventure for you and a great way to start off a new year! You will do a lot of growing during this experience and I can't wait to see that. So, live it up in Rome, have fun, and remember to take lots of pictures for me! Love you girlie!

Love,

Your Best Friend