An Open Letter To My Boyfriend As We Leave For College

Saying good bye is never easy.

39847
Hannah Thebeau

Dear Boyfriend,

As we both get ready to go to separate colleges in a few short days, I just wanted to say how grateful I am for you. The past two years of lunch/dinner dates, movie nights, pool days, and so much more have been something that I have taken for granted because in a few days I can't have them anymore. I won't be able to text you and ask if you want to come over, or go get food when I'm bored or I miss you, and I don't know what I'm going to do.

Of course, I have my college friends, but sometimes you're the only one that I want to spend time with. As you like to say, you're an expert on me, and know me better than I know myself sometimes, and having you four hours away from me is going to be hard.

I want you to know that I am always rooting for you. I want you to miss me, but I also want you to have the best time your freshman year of college. Go to parties, hang out with someone from one of your classes, and study hard and do well in your classes. You're going to love college, and I know you are probably going to adjust way faster than I did, and I'm a little jealous of you for that.

I also can't wait to come visit you. The drive down may be long, but it will be so worth it to get to see your campus, meet your friends, and finally hang out with you again. I'm already planning road trips, so I'm sorry, but you'll be stuck with me some weekends.

Never forget that I'm always a FaceTime away. This kills me, but I don't know when the next time we see each other will be, so you better know that we'll be FaceTiming a lot. Of course we Snapchat each other all day every day, but being able to hear your voice, see your laugh, and talk to you without running out of space on my screen is almost as good as actually having you sit right in front of me.

And just as I'm supporting you, I always know that you're supporting me. My second year of college will not be as difficult as my first, but I know that whenever I stumble and fall, you are the first person to say, "What's wrong? Do you want to talk?" and the first person to give me advice and make me feel better.

I'm going to miss you so much more than I could ever put into words, but I know that you will do amazing. Don't forget about me. Just kidding, I know you won't because I won't let you.

I love you, and I miss you already,

Your Girlfriend