'I Can Only Imagine' Taught Me To Never Give Up On My Dreams No Matter How Big Or Small

I can only imagine.
151

I just got back from seeing the movie I Can Only Imagine and boy was that movie a roller coaster of emotions. The movie as a whole was so powerful and its message about dreams made me think about how anyone can achieve their dreams, no matter how big or small.

In the movie, the father wanted his son to follow in his footsteps. He didn't want his son to not be successful, so he expressed to his son at the time that his dreams were stupid and that he was not going to go far in life with that dream. But little did he know, that the dream he thought his son wasn't going to go far with, not only helped him get farther in life but also closer to Christ.

Christ played a role in the song, Bart's career after high school. Bart struggled with making his dream a reality at first, but his dream also taught him that Christ is present in every moment, through the good and bad. Even when Bart wanted to give up on his dream, he kept going along. He did not let what other people thought about him steer him in a different direction.

Which for me, I have had many dreams throughout my life just like Bart. So I was able to relate in that sense because there have been times I have certainly wanted to give up or throw in the towel. But I didn't, I kept trudging through my life without letting anyone or anything get in my way.

This movie taught me to never let my dreams die in my life, to hold onto them tight and to let my life and chips fall where they may. Dreams also do take hard work at the end of the day, but I have realized that my dreams are a part of my journey and I need to give everything a chance that I can. You should give everything a chance too!