I Found My Word, What's Yours?

In my last post, I talked about new year's resolutions. By now, most people have made them and are working towards keeping them. I still have not made any and don't plan to. However, I have found a different way to start off my year in the form of one word. Instead of coming up with resolutions to work on (and possibly fail at), you choose just one word that will follow you through the entire year.

My word for 2019 is "inspiration." How did I choose this word? A quiz? Instructions from a blog or a book? None of the above. I really had no rhyme or reason when it came to the selection of this word. It was the first word that popped into my head. Last year when I attempted to choose a word, I drove myself crazy trying to pick the "perfect word" that would guide me through 2018. I couldn't choose between "intentional" and "peace," so my efforts fell flat and 2018 was left wordless. This year, however, I vowed that I would not overload my brain with definitions or synonyms. I simply quieted my mind for a minute and went with whatever word came to mind. (Thank goodness it was not something like "hungry." It would be an awfully long year for my waistline if that was the case!)

So, what does "inspire" hold for 2019? I don't know. But that's the fun of it, isn't it? I get to figure out all the different ways "inspire" will be defined in my life. It can be both introspective and extrospective. Not only will I work on finding what inspires me, but also finding out what I can do to inspire others. It sets the groundwork for an interesting and inspiring 2019.