Christmas Movies You Must Watch Every Year

Never give up on watching these movies during the Christmas Season.

236

Who doesn't love a good Christmas movie? I have several movies that I must watch every year during this time of year and I want everyone to know that they must watch these as well. There are some very old classics from before the 2000s and there are some that came after 2000 which are still amazing.

1. Elf

Who loves everything about the movie "Elf"? I know I do. Starting from him travelling from the North Pole to him decorating the toy shop to him saying "cotton headed ninny muggins." Will Ferrell was the perfect actor to have be Buddy the Elf. He has that personality that makes him bring Buddy alive and make the movie even better.

2. Home Alone

media.giphy.com

If you like the Christmas comedies, you would have to watch "Home Alone." This movie has everything: pranks, people getting hurt in funny but dumb ways, parents who forget their child at home, etc. Kevin is well known for his smart but funny tricks he plays on 2 guys who are planning to rob his families house. Watch "Home Alone" to have a good laugh.

3. A Christmas Carol

Christmas is the time for family and holiday cheer. Watch Scrooge learn the real reason behind the holiday by following him while he is visited by the 3 ghosts from the past, present and the future. This teaches kids and families that Christmas is not all about presents, it's about being with your loved ones.

4. A Charlie Brown Christmas

Giphy.com

I love the classic Charlie Brown Christmas. Everybody should remember the tiny little tree that Linus picked out. So many people get a half dead tree to put in their house. This is to show that you do not have to have the biggest and best tree, it is the thought that counts.

5. The Santa Clause

We all remember believing in Santa Claus as a kid. In The Santa Clause, Charlie is at his fathers house when they hear a noise and see that it was Santa Claus landing on their roof. When Charlie's father causes Santa to fall off the roof, he becomes Santa and has to change his life around. This lets people believe in magic for a little while when they watch the movie.

6. The Polar Express

The Polar Express has been on for several years. I grew up with this movie and could not ask for anything better. This lets people believe the same way that you did as a kid. You get to follow a kid who did not believe in Santa Claus or magic, but in the end he is able to hear the sleigh bells because he truly believed.

7. How The Grinch Stole Christmas (2000)

The Drew Carey version of The Grinch has always been my favorite version. Although, most people do not agree with me because of the way they made the Grinch look with all the hair and makeup. I love real-life movies so much better than the animated ones which is why this is my favorite movie.

8. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

Although the quality is not very good in this movie, it is still a classic. I would always put the DVD on once it is December and almost Christmastime. I love how they created this movie because of the song. He is not very liked by the other reindeer because of his different nose. This also depicts real life because people nowadays are being disliked because they are different, which is something we have been hoping to change.

9. Frosty the Snowman

Frosty the Snowman is another one of those short movies that was made from a song. They made a snowman come to life when a group of kids started to sing a song to make him come to life.

10. Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas and Mickey's Twice Upon A Christmas

There are 2 Mickey movies: "Mickey' Once Upon a Christmas" and "Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas." In both movies, it follows Mickey's, Donald's and Minnie's lives and what they are struggling with during the Christmastime.

11. The Muppet Christmas Carol

Who doesn't love anything from The Muppets? When they made a Muppets version of A Christmas Carol, and I say that was a brilliant idea. We can never get too much of Kermit and Miss. Piggy.

Now you know which movies that you must watch every year. Do not forget to put these on tv to get yourself in the Christmas spirit.