Let God Be Your One True Love
Christianity

While You're Waiting For The Love Of Your Life, Let God Be Your One True Love

Lord, please, keep making me.

1617
Ally Mishell Smith

Recently, I've been living in a state of loneliness. Not in an "I don't have any friends" lonely, but like an "I want to have someone to walk through life with" lonely. Whenever you're going through something like this people always tell you, "Your future husband will come, just be patient." or "Keep praying, He'll come." While those are true and I fully believe that my God will send my future husband to me, it's hard. It's hard to remain patient when everyone your age is getting engaged or getting married.

Recently, I had the pleasure of getting to go to a Sidewalk Prophets concert. Before the concert, I knew a few songs but not enough to get me super excited about going. I was mainly excited to spend time with my family and just to have a good night with Jesus at the center. One song, however, caught my attention and I haven't stopped thinking about it since. The song is called "Keep Making Me" and here are a few of the lyrics.

"Make me broken so I can be healed
Make me empty so I can be filled
'Til You're my one desire
'Til You're my one true love
'Til You're my breath, my everything
Lord, please, keep making me
Make me lonely so I can be Yours"

When I first heard these lyrics, it immediately rocked my world. It was one of those God moments where you hear a song that speaks exactly to what you're going through and instantly calms you down. Ever since I heard the song and I get in a period of loneliness that get so overwhelming its hard to breathe, it reminds me the truth.

The truth that God is my one true love.

The truth that even when I'm broken, I'm being broke to be healed.

The truth that if God stays at the center of my life in every aspect of my life, then He will put everything into place, including my relationships.

"In the morning, O Lord, You will hear my voice; In the morning I will order my prayer to You and eagerly watch." —Psalm 5:3