One Step For Man, One Giant Leap For The World.

5 Small Ways To Help Change the World

12
Jenny Williamson

As you know, the world seems to be going quite crazy and because of all the issues that are occurring, we seem lose focus on the things we could be doing to somehow change things for the better. If all unite, anything is possible. I have come up with five small ubiquitous actions that we all could to help this world be a better world.

1. Be kind to ALL people & show love.

Sometimes this is one of the hardest things we have trouble with. It is hard to accept other people for what they are. Many can be homosexuals, heterosexuals, Mexicans, Australians, obese, overweight, thin, medium built -- you get the point. We must accept the fact that we are all different. We HAVE to be kind to everyone regardless because we do not know what hardships they could be facing. Learn to greet people; "Good morning, Hi, how are you?" Or if you don't like talking, smile. So much hatred we have against a lot of people and it is crucial we stop because how can we expect this country to flourish when we can't even have kindness or respect for each other?

Love destroys all hatred and helps build relationships with all kinds of people. Love breaks down stereotypes and breaks those malicious barriers we have that keep us from connecting with other ethnicities, races, religions and cultures. Showing love through small acts of gratitude such as sending a card to someone or helping someone in any way. Give a hug. Be a listening ear. Be a helping hand. Be compassionate. LOVE HEALS, RENEWS, and CHANGES LIVES.

2. Pursue higher education or educate yourself.

It is important that we do what we can to educate ourselves. Whether it is graduating high school, getting a GED, attending college, getting an associates, bachelor's, master's, or even a doctoral degree. Sometimes it may be hard to go to college because we may not have the means. That is okay. Knowledge is power. Sometimes doing minor things can go a long way. One such thing could be reading. Tons of people in the United States find reading books pleasurable or a great way to relieve stress. Reading also enhances your reading comprehension as well increase your vocabulary terms. Other benefits include keeping your mind alert, prevents Alzheimer's, enhances memory and improves writing skills.

3. GO GREEN!

Yes, I said it, "Go green!" Recycling is the most important action anyone can do! Put simply, the plastics with plastics. Don't even throw trash around the streets or throw that Wendy's bag out your car window. I mean, can it be saved until you get home to throw it away? Joining community service opportunities will help immensely because not only are you helping your earth, but you are also connecting and interacting with different people.

4. THINK BIG!

Never be afraid to think outside the box. The world is in need of people with minds filled with endless opportunities. A closed mind comes with a closed mouth and a dying mind. It is important that we keep our minds open, willingly trying different things in order to explore. A person who stays in their own personal comfort zone goes nowhere in life. They must step out and engage in the community they live in. This means actively participating in their community. Thinking big leads to new, creative ideas. If this world is filled with dead minds, this world will never advance or be better.

5. Be healthy!

The hardest thing to do is to be healthy. We have to be able to eat right in order to prevent heart disease, diabetes and other health conditions. Preventing obesity is also crucial because it can lead to harmful side effects. Take a walk, a hike or a run! Any 30-45 minutes of physical activity will give you great health benefits such as feeling energized and helping regulate your blood. ALWAYS make sure you make an appointment for doctor check ups just to make sure you are in tip- top shape. Get your health screenings done yearly! Eat your greens, consume less sugar and salt intake, and drink lots of water every day. Your health is important and you should treat your body like the temple it is. To better the world, we need to better our health!

"No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world"

- Robin Williams