Things That Should Stay in 2019

Things That Should Stay in 2019

A list of things that should stay in 2019

33
Things That Should Stay in 2019

Happy New Year! It's finally 2020! A new year along with a new decade! With that new decade comes a sea of trends and crazes that should stay within the previous year.

1. Cancel Culture

*cough* James Charles and Tati Westbrook *cough* This trend should stay in 2019 as we move into 2020. This year should be the year where we cancel someone and they stay cancelled. Either, cancel someone and keep them cancelled or listen to both sides of the story before jumping on a bandwagon and come to your own conclusions.

2. Bringing Yourself Down

We've all subjected to this. Maybe we saw someone who seemed perfect in every way and compared ourselves to them. Maybe we just felt like we weren't good enough and that's the problem. Being within that mindset is what stops you from achieving your dreams and aspirations. As we go into 2020, go in with the mindset that you can do whatever you put your mind to and watch as opportunities start rolling in.

3. Procrastination

Again, this is something that everyone has done for the past few years. I'm putting my foot down and forcing myself to get things done on time. I want to get things done ahead of time and be able to spend my time doing things I love. Spending time with friends, watching movies while cuddling up with my boyfriend, enjoying time to myself and meditating.

4. Toxic Relationships

If you're still in a relationship that even your friends are questioning, it's time to let that other half go. Now, yes, it'll be hard and there will be a lot of tears shed, but 2020 will be your year. Maybe this is the year where you enjoy your singleness. Get to know yourself more as a person. When you're in a relationship (especially a toxic one), you may tend to lose yourself a bit. When you're single, you get to reconnect with that part of yourself that was lost. If you think you may be in a toxic relationship, start up the conversation with your significant other and try to see where you two fell off.

5. Clothes You Never Wear

I bet you have some clothes within your closet that you never wear anymore. Maybe it's too small, too big, doesn't fit any occasion, or just isn't your style anymore. If you aren't getting any use out of the clothing, why not consider donating it? Letting the item of clothing have a better home where it'll get tons of use.

These aren't the only things that should stay in the past, but they are a few that I believe need to stay in 2019.