Okay, We Want The 8 Team Playoff NOW

Okay, We Want The 8 Team Playoff NOW

I'm pretty sure that everyone agrees on it now.

105
Okay, We Want The 8 Team Playoff NOW
@CFBPlayoff on Instagram

I'm gonna say what I said I'd never say.

College football needs the 8 team playoff.

Every power 5 conference champion is in. One Group of 5 team is in. Two wild cards are in.

This year, that means that Clemson, Georgia, Oklahoma, USC, Ohio State, UCF, Alabama, and Wisconsin would have been in. What a playoff, right?

While SEC vs. SEC in the 'ship is perfectly fine with me, I wish teams like undefeated UCF could have a chance. They beat Auburn, the only team to beat both of the title contenders this year. They deserve a shot to prove themselves. There wouldn't have been a controversy over who should have been in at 4, everyone in the debate would have gotten a chance.

Why do we play the cupcake games, anyway? Cut those two or three weeks out of the schedule. With a longer post-season, there would be much more revenue. No one watches Mercer at Alabama, anyway. But everyone would watch Alabama vs. Wisconsin.

If you're worried about spreading the wealth from FBS to FCS, we'll play those games in the spring, as part of a "preseason"/spring training stint. That means that more people would watch (because there isn't any other football on), players wouldn't worry so much about a minor injury, and the regular season would be much more interesting.

After the LSU vs. Alabama rematch in the natty, we created the playoff system. Now, with two SEC teams ending up in the title game AGAIN, don't be surprised if there is a major change soon.

Stop acting stupid, CFB Committee, lets expand this thing.