It's Ok To Not Have It Figured Out

Recently I have found myself completely scared of the unknown.

Time is something that keeps us from being completely free. This is something that my eighth-grade history teacher had said. And since then, it has stuck with me.

Time and the unknown go hand in hand: the future remains a complete mystery. So why do we worry so much about the future?

As a college student, approaching my junior year (already), it is so hard not to worry about every little thing leading up to my future. It's almost like every move I make (or don't make) has an impact on how my future turns out.

This is not the case. There is so much more to life than worrying about the future. This is something that I have struggled with my whole life.

Obviously, there are certain choices you must make to be successful. Studying for exams, applying for internships, getting enough sleep, etc. are some examples of ideal approaches to success.

I found myself feeling extremely anxious this morning because I have yet to find an internship. I have been looking for months, and I haven't had much luck. To be completely honest, it's freaking me out.

This article is as much a lesson to readers as it is myself: it's ok to not have it all figured out.

There is so much pressure on young adults to do so much. Work, go to school, maintain relationships, eat healthy, exercise. There are only so many hours in a day to achieve such goals. It's freaking hard.

It's summer vacation. I have spent most of it at work, which is fine. And here I am stressing over the upcoming semester. Shouldn't I be enjoying my time off? Sleeping in? Relaxing?

Of course, I should. And that is the exact reason I am writing this article: to remind myself and anyone else who needed to hear this.

Everything works out in the end, as my mom always reminds me. I promise.

You will pass your classes. You will graduate. You will find a job. You will be happy.