We Will Be OK During This COVID-19 Pandemic, It's Just A Waiting Game
News

What are you waiting for during these times besides trying to wait and see if things get better? This is a good excuse to focus on yourself, and finish that project at home you always wanted to do.

31
Photo by mauro mora on Unsplash

I believe that during these times of panic and anxiety, there can be a lot of introspection of how people really are. I mean, come on, fighting over toilet paper in the store? Hard pass.

At least the memes make those people seem bearable.

Seeing what people do in the public over this virus just goes to show how selfish people really are. Although, I will say I have seen some acts of kindness and awareness. People do notice how the elderly need assistance and help each other out.

The bright side over the obnoxious panic is that people are being more aware of their community and how they can make a difference.

Sure, I can understand the anxiety to stay at home. I bounce off the walls if I stay inside too long. But, it gives me a good excuse to really interact with my family, finish some tasks or chores and try some new hobbies I was curious about.

If being at home is that unbearable, at least challenge yourself to try something new.

Some of us may gain some weight, develop drinking problems, lose weight, get really obnoxious or become really distant with one another.

Well, news flash: you're not alone.

I know the news and media are saying that this pandemic may last until the summer, but I think the worst of it will only last for a couple of weeks to a few months at most.

It's corny to say, but things do heal in time. Being as anxious as I am, I hate waiting, but that's the cards we were dealt. I certainly won't cry about it. I plan to be productive and make some blueprints in the next chapter of my life.

It's just a matter of taking one step at a time. This is the perfect opportunity for me to focus on what I really like and who I really am.

I plan to run more, do at home yoga on Youtube, draw and paint, finish cleaning a room that has been neglected, go through my budget (as much as I hate doing that) and just really sit back and think.

Of course, I can do this due to being done with classes (could not have been better timing).

Hopefully, many people during this time are going through some introspection and seeing how others act as well as themselves. IF we can all get through it and understand each other, this pandemic will blow over in no time, or at least, the time will fly by and we won't even notice.