11 Bucket List Eateries In Ocean County, NJ

Warning: This article has many delicious, mouth-watering pictures of food!

89
NJ

Ah, another article about NJ. Can you blame me? Summer in NJ is the best time of the year. The weather gets warmer, the people get tanner, everyone seems to be a bit happier (that is when they're not sitting in traffic on the parkway) but the craving for boardwalk food is at an all time high. There's nothing like a late night at the boardwalk. Smelling hot cheese steaks, powdered sugar on funnel cakes, thinking about the perfect swirl of a Khor's ice cream cone...I could go on forever. But NJ has so many wonderful places to eat, that's why I'm back with my bucket list of places I must try this summer down the shore!

1. The Cookie Lady's Cafe - Point Pleasant

This cute little cafe has a bunch to offer! Breakfast, lunch, vegetarian specials! You name it. The atmosphere looks adorable and there is a special place in my heart for any place in Point Pleasant. Those pancakes make my mouth water!

2. Shore Good Pancake House - Brick

Is it obvious I love pancakes?? I mean look at those...the powdered sugar says it all. I always drive past this place when I go to my grandma's shore house...the next time I go, I'm stopping here!

3. Steaks Unlimited - Seaside Heights

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F12%2F06%2F636165841862325396-2011870991_thumb_600.jpg%3F1369588589%3F1478774049&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=484&h=654fe11488fbd7c4e5d4fb9a929aa8b57b529231da3b0b276fef942137347b88&size=980x&c=2796093302 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2016%252F12%252F06%252F636165841862325396-2011870991_thumb_600.jpg%253F1369588589%253F1478774049%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D484%26h%3D654fe11488fbd7c4e5d4fb9a929aa8b57b529231da3b0b276fef942137347b88%26size%3D980x%26c%3D2796093302%22%7D" expand=1 original_size="1x1"]Do you know what this is??? THIS IS A CHEESEBALL. I know I said this was a list of places I wanted to "try" but Steaks is so good I make sure I go here at least once every summer. CHEESE STEAKS, CHEESE BALLS, OH MY!! The best place to get your typical Jersey Shore meal. It has everything you need and is the ultimate summer hang out place!

4. Shut Up and Eat - Toms River

A place that tells me exactly what to do? Say no more. I'll sit down, shut up and EAT!! This cafe is open from just 6:30 am until 3:30 pm so make sure you find the time to come in and get a good breakfast or lunch! The pictures of food this place dishes out looks awesome! The atmosphere here looks super comfortable too! Can't wait to try it out!

5. Hoffman's Ice Cream - Point Pleasant

Yes, that's Adam Richman from Man vs. Food. He stopped her to do the sundae challenge and you bet I'll be trying it as well. I want someone to look at me the way Adam looks at this cone.

6. Go Nutz 4 Donuts - Bayville

Honey...you best believe I am already nuts about donuts!! But I can't wait to come here and try them! Look at the design, look at the toppings, look at that DOUGHNUT!!! Would you judge me if I ate an entire dozen in one sitting??

7. ShipWreck Point - Point Pleasant

If you're looking for a more expensive and upscale place to take that special someone for their birthday or anniversary, look no further. Located right on the inlet this seafood restaurant will provide you with all the upscale features you could ask for. Fresh seafood, classy service, warm atmosphere, all patiently waiting for you across from the beautiful Manasquan inlet!

8. Nikko - Forked River

Now I don't know if you think of Forked River as a sushi capital of NJ but after looking at the reviews on Yelp, I heard this place has some really good sushi in Ocean County! It's really close to my grandpa's house too, so maybe I should come down and try!

9. Yokohama - Brick

Okay sushi lovers, one more for you! If you're near Brick anytime soon this awesome sushi place is for you! It's ranked 4 out of 5 stars on Yelp and is located right on Brick Blvd. Check it out if you're in the area, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

10. Lava Java - Lavallette

Lavallette has always been one of my favorite shore towns. It has so many cute shops and cafes to try out. While I've just recently heard of this cute cafe, I am making it my goal to get here this summer. Look how adorable it looks! Perfect for an early morning breakfast or coffee before heading to the beach!

11. Maruca's Tomato Pie - Seaside Heights

Yes, that's Adam again. This time he's DJing those two beautiful pies from Maruca's. The staple pie is so original. I mean look at the swirl design. They're not only beautiful, but they are huge! One slice will keep you full for quite a while! I can't wait to take the same exact picture when I go!