Now is Your Time

Now is Your Time

Reconnect with Him. You know you've been wanting too.

162
Now is Your Time

Y'all heard of that Corona Virus yet? Y'all quarantined and bored out of your mind? Now the real question that's going to be tough to read. Y'all been "too busy" for God and putting off your time with Him? I am the most guilty of them all. Want to hear my excuses to help you feel better? Full-time nursing student who drives over an hour and a half to campus almost everyday, a young momma to a two-year old little boy, (who is my whole world, but also keeps me so busy.) always cleaning up my messy house, studying for exams, taking care of my pets, planning a wedding that is now probably not going to even happen anymore, making dinner for my family, treating myself to a bath or Netflix show I earned, and the list goes on. In many of these circumstances you can probably say you relate in one way or another, whether it's the full-time student or working full-time, and some of you may or may not be adding children and animals into the mix as well.

Did you see anywhere on my list making chair time for God? Or even scattering times throughout my day to talk to God? I have always been good about saying my prayers before I go to bed, but people, this is the bare minimum, and in a time like this, the bare minimum is not going to be enough.

I haven't even been good about going to church on Sunday's lately. And you know the sick thing about this? My church offers a live stream option that I can watch from home. Yeah, me and my family turn it on and I sit on the couch but I am not fully there. I have been so caught up in this busy life I live and forgot about the whole reason why I am here on this earth and have this beautiful family, home and food on my table and once again the list goes on. This world is a scary and weird place right now. The even scarier thing is, it is only going to get worse before it gets any better.

By now, most if not all of you have heard everyone should be staying home if you don't have anywhere you absolutley need to be. There is a nationwide pandemic called the Corona virus, also known as COVID-19. This virus is shutting down all schools, activities, travel, and most jobs. As of right now there is no cure. If attracted, it can lead one to experience cough, fever, shortness of breath, and even death.

Right now our world is in a panic. Our doctors and nurses are working their tail ends off to help provide care to the affected patients who attracted this virus. Our scientists and researchers are trying to find cures. Our president, governors, and state officials are working days and nights to keep the nation and their communities updated, and our teachers our trying to figure out how to educate their students from home.

Everything is so different right now. But over the course of this all, if you're doing your best to listen to CDC guidelines and recommendations, you're catching yourself at home and probably with a little extra free time either alone, with a roommate, pets, spouse, or family. Whether you have found yourself in the same boat as I have by being more distant from God than you and Himself would like, or if you have a great relationship with God, now is the time we need Him and He needs us. Dust off those bibles and devotions, get on your knees, fold your hands, sing worship songs, and let's conquer COVID-19 with Jesus by our side.

Also, for those of you in my boat. Reconnect with God. He misses you. I promise.

13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Jeremiah 29:13