This Is Not Your Average Collegiate Belt

And why it's the only belt you will ever need
18

Do you ever wish that you could find the perfect college apparel that is fashionable? Do you want to stray away from the generic spirit gear that leaves you blending into the college crowd? Do you want to wear something that is unique to your college? Then Campus-Casual is the place you need to go! This small, student run company started by a fellow Hokie, Wayne Veldsman, gives new meaning to the phrase “school spirit”.

With a diverse selection of different apparel, Campus-Casual offers different clothing options for any occasion, whether that is a football game, a Greek Life formal, or a tailgating party (personally, my favorite product is the VT leggings). Even though this company is only one year old, its market, spanning to 5 different college campuses, is continuing to grow and prosper.

However, what we should be keeping our eye on is the new up-and-coming product: the “Not Your Average Collegiate Belt”. Their motto claims that “this will be the last belt that you’ll ever need”, and that just might be the case. Made of 100% artisan leather and hand crafted with only the finest materials, this belt makes the perfect addition to your collegiate wardrobe. Not only is it functional, but it is fashionable as well, featuring 6 different, stylish patterns in any school color combination. It goes great with your game gear, but also can be worn with your stylish outfit. As a fashion major and StyleGuru, I want to have school spirit without sacrificing my trendy aesthetic. With the pattern “Floral Stipple”, this gorgeous flower print accents my outfit without giving it school spirit overkill. Even for the football fanatic, the pattern “Checkered States” would compliment any spirited and funky outfit you have handy in closet.

This cannot be done without the support of faithful college fans. Campus-Casual needs your help funding this product. On Kickstarter, the company is asking for pledges. With whatever amount given, you receive Campus-Casual gear. If you pledge 50 dollars or more, you receive “The Best Belt Ever Made”, a 40 percent discount from retail price if the project is successfully funded! The goal is 3,000 dollars by January 18th or the project isn’t funded. We need to support the local businesses, like the family owned business that crafts these beautiful belts. We need to support the young, college businesses instead of the large corporate companies. Their products are crafted with the utmost care, customer happiness is number one, and they represent typical local businesses, trying to pave their way past big-time corporations. All I can say is that I can’t wait to wear mine, the only belt I will ever need.

Check out the Campus-Casual site https://www.campus-casual.comand the Kickstarter page https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1041418912/not-your-average-collegiate-belt to pledge!