It's NOT About Me, It's About Jesus

It's NOT About Me, It's About Jesus

It never has been, and it never will be.

1346
It's NOT About Me, It's About Jesus
Hanny Naibaho

Do you ever find yourself in a position where you know that you shouldn’t be thinking about yourself, but you simply can’t help it?

This world we live in does nothing but promote selfish desires. It wants us to think about us, about how our decisions affect us, about how we aren’t getting what WE want. It’s all selfish ambition.

We won’t help someone out unless there’s something in it for us. We won’t do something unless we get ahead because of it. We’re just stuck thinking about ourselves to the point where we lose all consideration for other people.

We care more about getting than giving. We are all the Macbeth's of the world - destroying one person after another to put ourselves at the front of the line. We’re selfish. We are so selfish.

SEE ALSO: Approaching The Silence In The Snow

It’s so hard to not think of ourselves, especially when we spend so much of our time comparing ourselves to others. We constantly wonder why our friend got the good grades, the great family, and the even better relationship. We’re envious of the girl who is both pretty and talented.

But why not ME?

I think Jordan Lee said it best:

“God is a God of redemption but He never promised to redeem our situations according to our expectations. It won’t always be on your time. Your story won’t look like hers. But freedom is possible & healing will come—because of surrender to His power, not manipulation of your situation.”

This life isn’t about us. It isn’t even about other people. There’s a higher calling. A higher focus.

Jesus.

I’m a worshipper. I LOVE worship. Yet when the lights fade and the music slows, there are some times when I find myself thinking, “I didn’t get much out of that.” Almost immediately following that thought, I feel a slap in the face.

It’s not about me. It’s not about you. When we come to worship, it’s not about us. It’s not about what we can take away. It’s about bringing everything we have and laying it at the feet of Jesus, while giving Him all the glory.

My writing, though mine, isn’t about me. It’s about bringing glory to Jesus. I don’t write to give myself praise, but to point others to Christ.

It’s not about me. It’s not about you. It’s not about gaining anything. It’s about being a light, and channeling all of the light within you toward Jesus. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Why? Because at the end of the day, when this world is gone and nothing is left, what will matter? Will it be ourselves? Will it be how much money we had or the type of car we drove? No. It will be about how we loved, and how we brought glory to the one who saved our souls.