A Non-Judging Breakfast Club

A Non-Judging Breakfast Club

The people you need in your twenty-something life.

8
A Non-Judging Breakfast Club

No twenty-something college student is living a glorious, mistake-free life. We hardly know what we want for dinner let alone what we want to spend our lives doing. It's no wonder we make frequent mistakes. When we fail, we fail hard so it's even less shocking that we need good friends who support us now more than ever before.

We need friends who will attend "brunch" with us on Sundays at two in the afternoon in order to recount the weekend's events. We need friends who don't care that we ran out of time to wash our hair, but make sure we don't leave the house without a hat on. We need friends who stand proudly with us as we sing "Carmen Ohio," even if we're well off key.

Your best, nonjudgmental friends in college are arguably the most important people in your life; more important than the boyfriends, more important than the haters, more important than the competition.

Their company is a safe haven where you can freely find the real you.

You don't need to use a filter around them. Just say what you need to say.

Life is better when you have someone to share it with (and it's much easier to share with someone who won't laugh at you).

They'll laugh with you instead.

They're your best critics because you know that their advise always comes from a desire to build you up.

It's nice to have someone who won't ask too many questions if you need help dragging a corpse across the living room floor.

They won't question the pint of ice cream you ate after a particularly awful exam. In fact, they'll probably help you finish it.

You can bounce ridiculous ideas off of them and instead of shutting you down, they'll help mold the ideas into something brilliant. Be very cautious of people who can tell you that you're wrong but fail to help you correct the fault.

The world is a big, negative, scary place, and the last thing you need is a friend that tears you down.

It's nice to have people around who can appreciate every flaw, quirk, mistake, and failure. Sometimes I have to stop and wonder how I was so lucky to find them. Perhaps fate just pushed me into the someone who would love me for all of my imperfections. Intuition told me to hold onto that person for dear life. Thus, we made an unspoken, mutual agreement to take on life as a packaged deal. So cheers to having no clue what we're doing with friends who are equally confused. Cheers to a life of imperfection, overflowing with adventure and love.