No One's Calling Out The Dealers

No One's Calling Out The Dealers

Aren't they the real bad guys?

23
No One's Calling Out The Dealers
Google

While all of you are concerned with addicts and calling them every awful thing you possibly can, you're missing something bigger. In my world, it's something far worse than someone who uses drugs. Have any idea what it could be?

Drug dealers. People who sell drugs are the bigger problem here. There are drug dealers out there who don't do drugs because they know what drugs do to your body. They see the effects of drugs day after day when their buyers return for another score. They see what drugs are doing to these poor people, but they don't care. They don't see a mother, father, daughter, or brother's life being destroyed. They see money in their pocket. Oh, and if someone, like law enforcement, tries to put a stop to their business and arrests them, they wouldn't think twice about pulling out a gun.

Drug dealers are the real danger and threat, not the addicts. Facebook is filled with nothing but hate towards addicts, but I rarely see anyone calling out the drug dealers. Society has it all wrong. Instead of spending your time typing up a hate filled post about addicts, why don't you sit down with your children and talk to them. Tell them about the dangers of drugs, and what to do if anyone ever approaches them and asks them to buy or do drugs. Drug dealers are always out looking for new customers, and children are vulnerable, making them an easy target.

Now, some of you are probably saying that it's the addict who chooses to use drugs, no one is forcing them. I agree with that, but only to an extent. We are all responsible for our individual decisions, but what about that person who has had numerous surgeries for a health condition that developed out of no where? They didn't ask to be prescribed OxyContin, but it's the only thing that would numb their pain so they could get a few hours of sleep, or make it through a day's work. What happens when their doctor is no longer able to prescribe them Oxy? Maybe the pain is dull, but the chemical has altered their brain. They are an addict. Did this person chose to use drugs and become an addict? I cannot answer that for all of you, but maybe it'll cause you to stop and think before you say it's always the addict who chooses.

As for these people who are polluting our hometowns and the veins of people we love with poison, what do we do? Well I think we need to redirect our wanting to punish the addicts to wanting to find and punish the dealers. Yes, if an addict commits a crime they too should be punished, but that's a whole other topic. Dealers think that selling drugs is a good way to get rich quick. Newsflash for them, they are far from rich. You're making money at the expense of something far more valuable, other people's lives. Being successful isn't easy, and that's the whole point. Struggle is a part of being human. If you bust your butt to make something of yourself, one day you won't struggle anymore. You'll look back and be thankful that you worked hard, and didn't give up. That's how you create a rich life, not selling drugs because it's easier than getting an education and working your way to the top. If you don't have the means to get an education, ask for help. This is 2016, there are so many different avenues for assistance.

As for punishment, if somebody dies because they bought a "bad" batch of dope (not that there is a good batch) from you, you should be punished to the extent that a person charged with homicide would be. I understand that some people intentionally use drugs because they want to end their life, but you are still aiding in the process of them committing the act by selling them the drug. Drug dealers are causing more harm and disruption than the addicts.

By all means, you can disagree with me, but if you are going to continue to sit behind a screen and tell Facebook how horrible and disgusting you think addicts are, give credit where credit is due, and call out the drug dealers as well. If you don't take much from what I had to say, there is one thing I hope sticks with you. Please, sit down with your children, grandchildren, nieces, and nephews. Sit down with them and talk to them about the dangers of drugs and the people out there who are going to pressure them into trying drugs. If you have time to rant on Facebook, you have time to talk to your babies.