No More "New Year, New Me"

No More "New Year, New Me"

Life is all about what you make it, so why wait all year to make improvements?

10
No More "New Year, New Me"
NY Times

2016 is almost over, and people are starting to set their "New Year, New Me" goals. These are all the typical goals, like eating healthier, exercising more, quitting smoking, saving money, etc. While these are great goals to set for the new year, shouldn't we always be setting goals for ourselves to do better? Life is all about what you make it, so why wait all year to make improvements?

Instead of assessing your life over the past year and thinking of ways to make it better, try setting goals for yourself every week. It doesn't have to be anything major, it can be as small as remembering to put the cap back on the toothpaste when you're done with it. As long as you're making the effort and you're noticing a positive difference in your life, that's all that matters.

If something isn't working for you, do something about it. Pay attention to the little things, keep a notebook even. Life can get hectic at times, and it's easy to take short cuts or lose sight of whats important. You get so caught up in the motions that you forget about the priorities you've set for the new year. You blink, it's 2017, and nothing you've set for yourself is accomplished.

That's how this new year will be so much different from all the others. Set your goals, accomplish them, and continue to set new goals for yourself. Do it by day, or week, but make sure you're checking off the boxes on your list. Before you know it you will be living the life you strive to live, and you will feel much better about it.

There is no need to reinvent yourself. Just go one day at a time to be a better person...for yourself and for the people around you.

Happy New Year!