20 Things You Never Need To Apologize For

Is it too late now to say sorry?... Yes it is.

240
Flickr Commons

We have all become accustomed to apologizing for things that don't need an apology. I have even found myself saying, "I'm sorry," to unnecessary and unwarranted things and situations. It's a great reminder that, even if you feel an apology is needed, sometimes you don't owe one to anybody. Here's a list of things you do NOT need to apologize for...

1. Being emotional

You never need to apologize for having emotions or showing them... If you gotta cry or smile, let it out!

2. Saying "No"

You don't owe anyone a "yes", so do not apologize for saying "no".

3. Nerding out about your favorite things

Don't apologize for liking what you like or showing that you do. To each his own!

4. Your body and what you do with it

Your body is yours, no one else's. So make decisions for yourself and don't EVER feel remorse for doing what makes you or your body happy.

5. Asking questions

If you have a question, large or small, never apologize for asking it. Life is about getting questions answered and answering other's questions.

6. Having alone time

If you need to relax and be alone, you never need to apologize for treating yourself to some time alone.

7. Disagreeing with something/someone

If you have a separate opinion than other people, that doesn't mean you have to apologize... Agree to disagree.

8. Eating that extra cookie

OKAY... First off, one cookie will not kill you. Second off, refraining from eating that cookie, will not drastically change your life. So, eat it, love it and don't apologize for it.

9. Loving yourself

Loving yourself can look like taking responsibility for your well-being, your behavior, managing yourself, and more. And if getting a massage or going for a walk assists in your pursuit to finding love for yourself, then DO IT and don't be sorry.

10. For coughing or sneezing in public

Don't catch yourself sneezing into your sleeve in the middle of class and apologizing to the guy next to you for something EVERYBODY DOES.

11. For your past

Learn and find peace from your past, but don't apologize to anyone for something you cannot change.

12. Having high standards and expectations

Shoot for the stars, don't settle and never feel bad for it... It's important to value yourself by making high standards.

13. Your friends and family

The way the people in your life act or the things they do, do not reflect or concern you, so don't apologize to the world on their behalf.

14. The kind of music you listen to

If you jam to "Make it Nasty" by Tyga or "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy" by Kenny Chesney, don't apologize for what gets you hyped.

15. Your laugh

Your laugh is your laugh, and if there's a snort in there or it's extra loud, laugh even more.

16. Being strong-willed

You never need to apologize for being determined and strong-minded, that's just the sign of a person who has their shit together.

17. Telling the truth

Say the truth with your chest, especially, if they ask for it. Honesty is the best policy...

18. Falling in love

We all know you can ALWAYS control your feelings towards other people... Oh wait, we can't. Falling in love with certain people is okayyyyyy.

19. Being ill - mentally and physically

You will not always be okay... Whether you are seeing a physical therapist or a psychologist, it's never your fault for being in pain.

20. The way you choose to live your life

Last but not least, don't apologize for doing you.