Kick Start Your Running Routine with the Nike Run Club App

The Nike Run Club Is The App To Get To Help Make Running Easy

As a former athlete who missed running, I didn't know how to get back into a running routine

33

From an early age I knew that between my sister and I, I was the one that was blessed with athleticism. Sports was just something that I fell in love with and as I get older continue to fall more in love with. Every summer when I was younger I would go to basketball camps and then soccer camps shortly after and it was at those camps that I realized that soccer was the sport that was my true love.

Soccer is one of those sports that not only requires athleticism but a strong mindset. Practices are not only the place where you learn to develop your physical skills, but you are also working to develop your mental skills. After playing for 7 years and making the difficult decision to give up the sport that I loved before entering high school, my love for soccer never died and it is still something that I love to watch on television.

However, whenever I take the time to reflect upon my years of playing or whenever I watch soccer on television I can't help but think about one of the major aspects of the game that I loved: running. To me, running has always felt like one of those times where I can be completely free, that nothing could touch me as long as I keep running. For me, it was running where I developed my mindset. Whether it was in practice or in a game, while I was running I knew that I was being mentally tested to see how far I could push myself.

Recently I decided that running was something that I wanted to get back in to. It was something that I missed and something that made me extremely happy, however, I didn't really know where to start. I am definitely not in the same shape that I was when I was playing soccer and it's not like I have a coach right at my disposal or can afford a trainer as a poor college student. However, after some research and talking to some friends I found my solution, the Nike Run Club app.

The Nike Run Club app is an incredible app for former athletes, people looking to take up running, runners training for a race, people looking to get in shape, literally anyone. The app offers quickstart programs, specially designed programs, guided run programs with some of the most famous athletes in addition to personalized programs that are altered to help you reach whatever your end goal may be.

The app also allows you to be a part of the Nike running community in which you can communicate with other runners from all over the world who also use the app. Your activity is also tracked so you can view your running history and physically see your progression. The app is also paired with the Nike Training Club app where again, workouts range from premade, to "Train Like Ronaldo" to specially designed for you and what you are looking to achieve. I can't forget to mention that when you create an account with the app, you are also creating an account with Nike and therefore you get sent coupons and offers with discounts on Nike apparel. Which to me is always a bonus.

The Nike Run Club app has not only helped me get back into running but continues to test my mindset as a former athlete. It has helped remind me why I loved to run and how much I missed it. So, if there is anyone out there that is looking for a way to get into running, get back into running, or simply a lifestyle change, I have to say, the Nike Run Club app is the way to go.