A Thank You To My Roommate

A Thank You To My Roommate

Just a little thank you letter to the person that I share most of my college memories with!

295
A Thank You To My  Roommate

On my way to Syracuse University, I thought about the fact that I won't be able to have a safe haven to go to at night and be by myself or have the room to myself when I am not in the mood to socialize or do anything. I wanted to cry thinking about how I would have to share a small little room with a total stranger.

Little did I know how different the outcome of sharing a room with a stranger would be like until I arrived.

To my freshman year roommate,

While there are a million and one things to thank you endlessly for, I think the most important is to thank you for choosing me to begin with.

I couldn't have been happier to find you through our mutual friend that led us to become roommates. Without having our friend connect the pieces between us both going to Syracuse, I don't think my year here could have gone any better.

There is no one else I could imagine sharing our little dorm in BBB, which we called home for about a year, with besides you. Finding out we got the worst dorm on campus was our worst nightmare at first, now thinking about leaving it is scary to think about.

Thinking back to the first week of school when we would sweat throughout the night and cry ourselves to sleep while the little fan rotated throughout the room, because of the non-stop heat, I wouldn't want to share those memories with anyone else.

While it was disgusting and a terrible week, I laugh remembering all the time we spent complaining and crying about hating our dorm for not having air conditioning.

Even though you may be at class half the time or in the Warehouse far away from campus, thank you for always being a shoulder to cry on or a person to complain to when I am having a bad day always. Whether we have a situation together or separately, your the first person I want to talk to when something/someone gets on my nerves.

Thank you for helping me save money when I tell you about the ridiculous things I want to buy or the food I want to drop endless money on. Thank you for helping me out of those poor decisions I tried to make at Destiny USA Mall when shopping because I really don't know how to save money.

Thank you for waking me up for class and getting me out of bed for our 9 a.m. Without the seven alarms we set, I could've never passed that 9 a.m. class we both had two days a week. It was only because of you that I would get up and go to those classes and make sure I was on time every day.

Thank you for dealing with me and the fact that I now hate being alone. Since coming to college, I have become the most dependent person, always needing to be around people and doing something.

Thank you for watching endless Netflix episodes or watching movies together when we are too sick to go out or too tired to do anything else because we are just being lazy.

Lastly, thank you for being my rock, my best friend, my mom half the time, and the person I can always count on to persuade me to go to the gym, eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner with, and spend most of my weeknights and weekends with.

They say freshman year is the most fun, exhausting and adventurous year out of them all, so I am happy to have spent it with you.

Leaving for the summer may be sad, but thinking about coming back to school in the fall and getting to spend the next year together makes it seem a lot better. Thank you for making my first year at college the easiest, craziest and most memorable.