NFL Divisional Round Picks

NFL Divisional Round Picks

Who will move on to the championship rounds?

11
NFL Divisional Round Picks
sports mania

I would like to be one of the first people to congratulate Tom Brady on his historic fifth Super Bowl ring. Sure, it’s a little premature, but after the first round of the playoffs, I don’t know if there are any teams left that can beat them. Sure, there are still a couple teams with great offenses, but you can’t win a shootout against the Patriots. Everyone knows you have to beat them with defense. And the team with the best defense, the New York Giants, just got knocked out of the playoffs. I don’t care how good the Cowboys offensive line is, I don’t care how good Aaron Rodgers is, and I don’t care that the Steelers have the best running back in the league. None of that matters against the Patriots. They can match you point for point, and they have a great defense unlike every other playoff team left, well except for one, but we will get into that later. For now, here comes the picks.

Texans vs. Patriots.

Patriots…

Yeah, that’s pretty much it. I’m willing to bet money that I don’t have, that the Patriots will beat the Texans. It’s not even going to be a contest.

Chiefs vs. Steelers.

Now on to an actual game. As I said before, there is one team left that still has a great defense, that team being the Kansas City Chiefs. The only question is how will their offense hold up. We know that the Steelers have arguably the best running back in the game and the second best wide receiver. But what they also have is a great quarterback who was in a walking boot after last week’s game. He is still going to play and I don’t doubt that he will be good despite his injury, but the Chiefs defense is legit. The Steelers made easy work of the Dolphins running the ball most of the game, which they might have to go back to this week with a hobbled Ben Roethlisberger. And if that’s the case, as good as Le’veon Bell is, the Chiefs defense will put up a much better fight than the Dolphins. And on the other side of the coin, the Chiefs offense is good enough to make this game a blowout against a shaky Pittsburgh defense. They have a good running game even without Jamaal Charles, and they have a big emerging threat in the Speedster Tyreek Hill at wide receiver. On top of that, they have one of the most underrated tight ends in the game in Travis Kelce. As good as Pittsburgh can be offensively, I have to give it to the fully healthy Chiefs.

Seahawks vs. Falcons.

This game I have a lot of interest in watching. The Seahawks are trying to recapture some of their magic from their last Superbowl run, despite the losses of Marshawn Lynch (retirement) and Earl Thomas (Injury). Despite all that their running game last week was as good as it’s ever been and the defense played lights out. I’ll say it right now, I was flat out wrong about this team last week. That being said, they’re no longer playing the Detroit Lions. The Falcons are coming into the playoffs almost under the radar. Kind of odd for a team that went 11-5 this year, but it’s true. I haven’t heard anything about the Falcons this year despite all their success. Hell, their Quarterback is an MVP Candidate and still, I haven’t heard much. This team has a bit better of a defense than the Lions, and they have the best receiver in the league in Julio Jones. He can beat any cornerback, even Richard Sherman. I know I got burned by the Seahawks last week, but I still don’t believe in their offense. Falcons all the way.

Packers vs. Cowboys.

This game could easily go either way. When these teams played back in week six, the Cowboys stomped the Packers. But then again so did a lot of mediocre teams. Yeah I said it, the Cowboys are mediocre, but that’s not saying much considering that I think most of the league this year is awful. There weren’t even enough good teams to fill all the playoff spots. But what the Cowboys have going for them is that they have been able to mask their weaknesses behind the best offensive line in football (also there are only 3 good defenses in the game this year that could stop them) and behind that juggernaut of an offensive line is the heart of the team, Ezekiel Elliot. Let’s not sugarcoat things here, Zeke is good, but he’s not as good as people are making him out to be. Remember Darren McFadden last year behind that same line, and Darren McFadden sucks. Put Lev’eon Bell or David Johnson behind that line and they would probably break the rushing record. Also, you have a rookie quarterback starting for the boys. I don’t care what anyone says, he is not going to win them a Superbowl. He’s an average quarterback cloaked behind a line that gives him all the time in the world to make a throw. However, their opponent this week will be giving him a lot of time to throw because the Packers have an awful pass rush, and a banged up secondary. I don’t see the Packers being able to slow down the Cowboys with that defense of theirs, but then again I also don’t see the Cowboys defense slowing down a surging Aaron Rodgers. Even without Jordy Nelson, he’s going to light up that Cowboys’ defense. Like I said before this game is like a flip of the coin, but like a flip of the coin some things just come down to luck, and Aaron Rodgers has more of that than anyone else with all his hail marry Touchdowns. It’s a tough call but I have to go Packers.