New York state is home to the good, the great, the bad, and the ugly. It has some of the best universities in the country, striking sceneries no matter the season, and amazing cities that draw people from all over.
There is so much to love, but with all the good must come the bad, or at the very least – weird. And New York has its fair share of weird... Including what could be the most unusual laws in the country. Here are a few:
1. Throwing a ball at someone's head for fun is strictly prohibited.
There is a zero tolerance policy for fun here.
2. Carrying an ice cream cone in your pocket is against the law, on Sundays.
Do as you please with your cones any other day of the week.
3. Citizens may not greet each other by “putting one’s thumb to the nose and wiggling the fingers."
We are a serious state full of serious people, and don't need any of that kind of nonsense, thanks.
4. The penalty for jumping off a building is death.
In other words, if jumping off a building does not kill you, the city of New York will.
5. Citizens may not slurp their soup.
Thou shall not maketh excessive noise while drinking soup.
6. While riding in an elevator, one must talk to no one, and fold his hands while looking toward the door.
Trying to be friendly and social when you're in an elevator is absolutely unacceptable. How dare you.
7. It is illegal to disrobe in a wagon.
Remember the last time you undressed on a wagon? Yeah, well it's banned.
8. A fine of can be levied for flirting.
Keep the flirting to yourself please.
9. Slippers are not to be worn after 10:00 PM.
Feet a little chilly? Too bad.
10. A license must be purchased before hanging clothes on a clothesline.