I Will Heal Myself, Not Only For Next Year But Forever
New Year

I Will Heal Myself, Not Only For Next Year But Forever

Never again will I be selfish as to completely lose you, only to beg for you to re-awaken.

21

Dear Self,

I'm sorry I neglected you. I'm sorry I was too selfish to give you the things you needed in order to nurture you instead of destroying you.

I'm sorry I put you in positions you weren't ready for and didn't ask for. I'm sorry I asked too much of you when all you wanted was to be cradled. I'm sorry I ignored your cries for help until they became screams of agony.

Never again.

Never again will I put someone above your well-being and mental health. Never again will I risk your safety and the safety of your future for something temporary that I thought would make us both happy.

Never again will I be so selfish as to completely lose you, only to beg for you to re-awaken. I had no idea what I had when I had you. I didn't know until you were gone, and you deserve better than that.

I will not beg for you back. However, I do promise to change. I promise to be better to you.

I promise to nurture you and engage in the healthy activities you need in order to heal and grow.

I promise to read, write, pray, and play to your heart's content.

I promise to never let anybody even try to take you away from me again. I will not be so lenient with you, for you are not fragile, however, you have been broken too many times on my account.

I promise to never engage in activities that will force you to exercise how much you can handle or balance in one day, but rather be a little easier on you until you are happy again.

I promise to stay away from anyone or anything that can induce more trauma in your troubled brain, and I will bring peace to your ailing soul.

Awaken, oh my soul; for you have been dearly missed.