Six Self-Improvement New Year's Resolutions

Easily obtainable ways to better yourself

349

New Year's resolutions. The list that everyone makes every new year of things that we all know they'll forget about two weeks into January. They usually have the same things in mind, fitness, money management, and health. My goal this year is to have at least six resolutions that are easy enough for me to accomplish but will also better my life in some way. No, they will not begin with going to the gym, like everyone else. I gave up on that three New Years Eve's ago. But, I've decided to share these simple self-improvement resolutions with you in case you need a resolution idea or two.

1. Drink more water

This resolution probably seems kind of self-explanatory. But drinking more water will help brighten and hydrate skin while also keeping the body rid of the nasty chemicals and sugars that come with drinks like soda and coffee.

2. Take more time for yourself

I'm often way too busy and I rarely have a lot of time to be alone and think for myself. It's not mentally or physically healthy to never take time to think and just be alone. Take some time to sit down, take a breather, and enjoy your own company for once. There's nothing wrong with a little "me time".

3. Cross off at least one bucket list item

Now, I'm not exactly talking about going skydiving or swimming with sharks here. But maybe go to a concert, take a trip to a place you desperately want to see. If you're like me, karaoke could be on your bucket list. Go to a crowded place and sing your little heart out to your favorite throwback song. It will make you happy to accomplish something you've always wanted to do.

4. Do more acts of kindness

There's a lot of hate and negativity in the world right now. Take the time to be kind to someone else. It doesn't just make them feel good it also improves your mood. It could also have a ripple effect of kindness that just goes on and on.

5. Meet new people

This one is a hard one for me because being painfully shy would be a gross understatement for me. However, meeting new people also opens doors for new adventures and opportunities. You can never have too many good friends. Good friends lead to even better adventures and experiences. They could even help you complete a bucket list item! It's like a two in one!

6. Be more active

I don't mean force yourself to go to the gym and get "swol." I mean go for a walk and enjoy the fresh air every once in a while. Maybe go on a hike and visit a cute nature spot. Being active helps not only keep you healthy but keep you happy. Sitting inside and watching Netflix is great in moderation. But it's also great to go outside and exercise more than just your thumb.