​20 Types Of New Year's Kisses 2020

​20 Types Of New Year's Kisses You'll Definitely Witness When The Ball Drops At Midnight

Bring on the roaring 20s!

517
Fox

There's something super romantic about the new year that just makes people want to kiss.

The midnight kiss is a New Year's Eve tradition that goes back over a century. When the ball drops, we grab the person closest to us and give them a big kiss, in hopes to start the new year with love and prosperity. There are some people who think kissing at midnight is even a way to transition a relationship into the new year, while others get way too intoxicated and (sometimes) regret their new year's kiss the next morning.

Either way, chances are high that you'll witness these new year's kisses — and maybe even have one yourself. If you're not one of those people who fall asleep before the ball drops, here are 20 types of kisses you should expect to see when we ring in the new decade:

1. The "I don't know who you are but I'm drunk and you're cute" kiss.

media.giphy.com

So you don't have a bae, but you have something else in mind, anything else. Grab the cutest boy and give him your first kiss of the new year!

2. The "honeymooners."

media.giphy.com

They've been together since the start of the cuffing season and are just inseparable. It was hard enough getting them to come to your New Year's Eve party, as the only thing on their minds is each other. Let them be cutesy and celebrate their first time ringing in the new year together.

3. The puppy smooch

media.giphy.com

So you don't have someone to kiss this year, and that's OK. You have a man's best friend to smooch!

4. The man who would rather kiss his beer than his wife

media.giphy.com

OUCH. We all know someone who loves beer more than they love kissing their wife.

5. The perfect kiss under the fireworks.

media.giphy.com

Or maybe there will be some romance while ringing in 2020... so grab your Prince Charming and get to your first kiss of the year.

6. The girl who just won't stop

media.giphy.com

She loves her man and he loves her kisses. So what if they're still kissing at 1:00 am?

7. The betrayal kiss.

media.giphy.com

Nothing hurts more than being betrayed, except maybe being betrayed for the New Year's kiss. So if your friend's man decides to cuddle up with someone else for New Year's, let the 2020 drama begin.

8. The cheek kiss.

media.giphy.com

If your special someone went out with the boys for New Year's Eve, that doesn't mean you can't give the kiss to someone special... like one of your close girlfriends. Who needs a man, anyway?

9. The uber disturbing tongue kiss.

media.giphy.com

The couple you probably wish would have just stayed home.

10. The partied too hard but woke up just in time for the kiss.

media.giphy.com

Sooo... someone fell asleep before midnight, maybe pregamed a little too hard, but they woke up for that midnight kiss — then went right back to sleep.

11. The super awkward New Year's kiss on television

media.giphy.com

They may be at work, but that doesn't mean they can't get into the New Year's spirit!

12. The couple who's still in love after all those years.

media.giphy.com

This is without a doubt my favorite New Year's kiss. The couple that is still crazy about each other.

13. The nose kiss.

media.giphy.com

Your friend's boyfriend may not be the most romantic, but he's cute and quirky which makes for an adorable New Year's kiss.

14. The "one person's just not into it" kiss

media.giphy.com

Girls, don't do this. It's just uncomfortable for everyone.

15. The two singletons who don't realize they're perfect for each other kiss.

media.giphy.com

New Year's brings out the hopeless romantic in everyone. The NYE kiss is the perfect way to show someone how you feel. So if you're single this New Year's, but you have a special someone in mind, go for it (with permission, of course).

16. The first kiss.

media.giphy.com

How sweet, New Year's is the perfect excuse for a first kiss.

17. The friends who realize they may be more than friends kiss.

media.giphy.com

Straight from a romance novel, I'm talking about the two friends you know would always be perfect for each other but claim they're only friends. As fate would have it, they just happened to be next to each other for midnight.

18. The sloppy drunk kiss.

media.giphy.com

It's almost midnight, and this couple doesn't plan on stopping at 12:00 am. It's a new year, and time to celebrate.

19. The friend who came for the free food.

media.giphy.com

I think she just wants to make out with that pizza...

20. The messy kiss.

media.giphy.com

So maybe your drunk friend puked all over you or you made a mess in the kitchen, that doesn't mean you can't get your New Year's kiss.

Even if you don't have a midnight kiss, 2020 can still be your year! Whether you have someone to kiss at midnight or you will be spending the evening with your dog, make sure you stay awake to witness the ringing in of the New Year.

May 2020 bring peace, love, happiness, and prosperity for all!

Follow Swoon on Instagram.