A Letter To My New Sisters

A Letter To My New Sisters

Welcome Home, Sisters.

12
A Letter To My New Sisters
Jenna Croymans

New Sisters,

You did it! You got through days of chatting, speed dating, games, some slightly awkward conversations, and meeting hundreds of people. But, it was all worth it because now you are home. You rocked those heels even though you thought your feet were going to fall off, and you got to know all your new sisters, and all your friends that are now apart of the Greek Community.

I can not begin to express how happy I am for you. I still remember the day I received my bid and ran to hug my new family. The amount of emotions I had was unmeasurable. I was so nervous and scared, and I am sure you are too. I mean, you just got yourself involved in something that is so much bigger than yourself, and I am sure you have a ton of unanswered questions.

I want you to know that know matter what, our other sisters and I will be there for you no matter what. I can not count the times that I have turned to my sisters for guidance, support, and a kick in the butt. We honestly care about you more than you could ever imagine. You may have felt so overwhelmed that we ran at you instantly and were smiling ear to ear, but the truth is we already loved you so much at that point. We will continue to love you no matter what happens. We vow to be there when times get hard and life takes unexpected turns. I can not promise that it will be easy, but you won't have to do it alone.

I can not express how grateful I am for you. You bring something unique and special to our chapter, and I can not wait to see where this opportunity will take you. You may not be the next president, but you will make contributions that are vital to our chapter and you are the only on that can do that. Do not be afraid to speak up, you may be a new member, but your ideas are just as great as anyone else's idea.

Take advantage of sisterhood events. I know that we all have very busy lives, and it may be easier to not have to get ready and stay in your room to work on homework, but they are something you do not want to miss. Take advantage of every event and opportunity that may come your way. It may be scary to come to an event when a lot of older members, but we truly want to get know you and become more than just a sister, a friend.

Do not be afraid to contact the active members and ask them to hang out, we would love to grab coffee or food and get to know you better. At one point, we were exactly where you were, and we know exactly how you feel. I promise that when you step out of your comfort zone and try new things and meet new people, you will form the best memories from that experience.

You are at the beginning of a life long adventure, and I hope you take time to enjoy every minute of the ride.

Love,

Your Sister