Meet The New Look Mets

Meet The New Look Mets

This year won't be easy for the Nationals.

103
Meet The New Look Mets

No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, the New York Met's are a top of the NL East. We all knew how good they could be with their top three arms of Noah Syndergaard, Jacob deGrom and Steven Matz. The question over the last few years has been whether or not they can stay healthy.

So far it seems like they are shutting most of the critics up. Yes, I know it's still April, but look at it this way: the Met's have had a very tough early schedule and are 13-2 right now, while the Nationals are sitting at 8-7 wondering what's going on. Bryce Harper is producing for them, but the supporting cast is very down from what they did last year. Trea Turner wasn't even in the line-up almost all of last season, and with him back this year they were planning on the opposite of what he's been doing. They're still waiting on Daniel Murphy's return but it's not certain that he can fix this entire mess by himself. The Mets as of right now seem to be the deeper team, which I couldn't have told you at the start of the year. They have five outfielders that can all play every day, a young shortstop with some promise in Amed Rosario and two catchers that are basically interchangeable.

Another big question mark this year was what the Mets bullpen was going to look like. Well how about leading the majors with a 1.51 ERA as a team with 10 scoreless innings from closer Jeurys Familia, who is coming off of the steroid suspension and is apologizing to the Met's fans in the best way possible.

Are the Mets the team to beat in the NL East? Lets not jump too far ahead, not only have they out shown themselves but so have the Phillies (as I predicted) and also the Braves are playing the best baseball for their clubs in years. It's not going to just be a cake walk for the Nationals this year to make the playoffs and then loose in the first round. This division is going to make them work for it!