The Best Food New Haven, CT Has To Offer

Some of my favorite foods to eat while I am visiting family in New Haven, Connecticut.

52
CA White

Throughout my life I have had a few homes because I guess my mom liked to move, and as an adult I appreciate it. You get many different experiences, meet a lot of people, and you can be one of those people who say “yeah, I used to live there too”. I love it. One of my first homes was New Haven, Connecticut (my first was West Haven, but we aren’t focusing on that town right now).

I always come back to visit because almost my whole father’s family still lives there. In this article, I am going to share what I believe to be some of New Haven’s best restaurants. Now before we start, I do have to say that some of these places I used to love only because I have trapped myself into vegetarianism… if that’s a real word. I would also like to add that I stopped eating meat and seafood when I was 12-years-old and I am now 22, so no, I am not trying to be trendy. I actually hate it sometimes, but that’s for a different article.

Let’s get started!

4. Popeyes

35 Whalley Ave, New Haven, CT 06511

I know you’re probably thinking “Popeyes is a chain restaurant, you can get it anywhere” and you’re right. The difference here is, the Popeyes on Whalley Ave is open until 3 am and it’s very close to Yale University. Thats is a good thing because out-of-state and international students need to experience the difference. This location of Popeyes is so good and convenient. And you can’t be from New Haven and not eat Popeyes. It’s sort of a requirement.

3. Sally’s Apizza

237 Wooster St, New Haven, CT 06511

Sally’s is a very famous pizza restaurant in New Haven and I would say the second most famous pizza place here. They are friendly rivals with my next choice and a big reason is because Sally’s was started by the nephew of Frank Pepe. Salvatore Consiglio learned the pizza recipe from his uncle and started his own restaurant right down the street from Pepe. Now, I learned all of this information from the Travel channel because these two spots are always featured on some TV special.

2. Frank Pepe Pizzeria Napoletana

157 Wooster St, New Haven, CT 06511,

Mmmm, Pepe’s pizza. It’s so good that I promise you can eat 5 of their thin cheese slices and not even know. It’s that good. If you’re on a diet, you have to come here on your cheat day and eat as much as you can. The only problem for me is that it’s almost always packed! But, I guess that is a positive because it means they are that good. If you read the description of the place above, you’ll know the story of the rivalry. 10/10.

1. Kevin’s Seafood

17 Kimberly Ave, New Haven, CT 06519,

*3 heart eye emojis* Y’all (my longest home was Georgia so yeah), this place is so good. I have never had fried seafood this good anywhere else. I haven’t eaten seafood in so long but I promise I crave this place. I used to get a box of fried shrimp and french fries, with lemon, tartar sauce, and my personal fav hot sauce. Sometimes I would also get fried fish and that comes with bread and other sauces so you can keep some leftover fried fish sandwiches. My family loves it and I loved it. If I start eating seafood again, I promise this is the first place I’m going. Please visit this place if you can.

Somewhere I would like to visit...

176 Temple St, New Haven, CT 06510

So this a bonus because I have never been here. I have always wanted to go because I do enjoy Ethiopian food and because they have great reviews on Google. Just thought I should throw this in here in case you are ever in the area and want a nice sit down meal.

New Haven has a lot of different restaurants and I am sure a lot of them are very good. These are just some of my favorites that are, or were, frequent stops. Let me know if you do stop by one of these places, tell me what you think. If you are from or are in New Haven, comment some of your favorite places to eat.

From Your Site Articles