A New Chapter

A New Chapter

I've been trying to find what to say after the events of the inauguration, well here they are

4
A New Chapter
Wikipedia

As of January 20th, Donald Trump became the 45th President of the United States.

You know, yesterday was a bit of a rollercoaster. I didn't watch much of the inauguration as I was finishing up some work for a winter class that I was taking. I only got a glimpse of the parade around dinner time before heading out with friends.

In all, it seemed like a nice event and I'm sure Trump and his family enjoyed themselves and now Donald can get to work on all of the issues that he laid out.

Many found yesterday to be a day of mourning as they found that it was the end of democracy and the end of "moving forward". Which is why many protested the inauguration yesterday, and today millions are attending Women's Marches all over the country.

If you know me, you know that I usually don't involve myself in politics. I tend to keep political opinions to myself and really don't affiliate myself with any political party. I say that I focus more on liberal views, but don't agree with everything that liberals put out there. When conservatives have something to say, I listen to them and there will be things that I'll agree with, and there will be things that I don't agree with. I respect the opinions of both liberals and conservatives.

When Trump won the presidency, I wasn't all too thrilled about it. I was surprised, but I have since moved on. I don't wish the man failure, as I see him as the driver of the car that if it crashes, we all crash with him. I may not agree with the things that Trump presents, but I don't wish failure on him.

It's hard to imagine what could happen in four years. I try to think highly of what the future could hold, but it's hard to envision that future where everyone tears each other down for their beliefs. It's hard to imagine the next four years while our country is still divided.

I always believed that one day we could all come together as one. No differences, no hatred, just people treating each other like decent human beings. And I know everyone is not perfect, but I always look to find the good in everyone. That's just me.

With everything that is happening today, and everything that will happen in the next four years (or eight), I can't stand idly by and watch everyone tear each other apart. You can argue with each other all you want and argue until you are blue in the face, but you won't change the mindset of an individual. Only they can make that change.

If you want to protest then, by all means, do it. Protesting is a way of making your voice heard. But if you're going to do that, please do it peacefully. I watched as protestors destroyed everything in their path, and I just shook my head in disappointment. That is not how you do it.

For now, I'm going to focus on the positives. I want what is best for everyone, and I hope that I can see that during this new chapter in United States history. It's not the end of the book for us, it's the beginning of a new chapter.