Why You Should Not Vote Trump

Why You Should Not Vote Trump

Never Trump.

27
Why You Should Not Vote Trump
Brendan McDermid | Reuters

"The demagogue is one who preaches doctrines he knows to be untrue to men he knows to be idiots." - H.L Mencken

Never Trump.

These are the words uttered by conservatives everywhere, who will not vote for Trump no matter what. Never Trump is a movement because we recognize that Trump will do more harm than good as the President.

This a man who espouses that an entire religion hates us because of our values, ostracizing the millions of Muslims who live here, and the tens of thousands of Muslims who serve in our armed forces. He believes that the Islamic world, countries such as Tunisia, Indonesia, Turkey, and the Kurdish minorities, hates us.

Make no mistake, radical Islam is a cancer and must be eradicated. But to say out loud that Islam itself, including the Muslims living here, hate us, is a slap in the face of people like Mohammed Shakur who served in the 101st Airborne Division in Iraq and Sultan Khan, who died for our country. It's a slap in the face of the thousands of interpreters who risked their lives for us in Afghanistan and Iraq in order to help us. A slap to the face of the thousands upon thousands of Muslims who have died facing ISIS and Al-Qaeda. A slap to the face of the Jordanians who watched their pilot burned to death online. A slap to the Kurds who held the line against the ISIS advance two summers ago, who watched as the Iraqi Army melted away.

Donald J. Trump wants to kill the family of terrorists, violating the Geneva Convention and creating an entire new generation of terrorists. Of course, we don’t do it because we don’t commit war crimes. If you listen to Trump, not committing war crimes is because we’re too politically correct. We don’t do it because it doesn’t work. But trust him, because he’s going to make war crimes great again.

Trump wants to bring back waterboarding and a "hell out lot worse than waterboarding," despite it not working and violating human rights. Trump wants to bring back mass surveillance, despite it not working and violating our constitutional rights. Trump thinks that we don’t do this because we’re too politically correct. No, we don’t do this because it doesn’t work. But trust him, because he's going to make torture and violating the Constitution great again.

This is a man who openly repudiates the First Amendment, promising to open up libel laws in order to sue the media for writing negative stories. Yes, some stories are false, but to sue entire news organizations is a blatant move of intimidation. He wants us all to be like Breitbart, an online conservative site whose founder would be ashamed of what his company has become.

This is a man who supports the violence of his supporters, throwing out protesters and punching them in the face. This is a man who believes that it is the passion of his supporters in spitting in protester’s faces, throwing protesters out in the cold without a coat, and throwing up Nazi salutes. This is a man who refused to disavow the KKK on national television. This is a man who tweeted out false crime statistics about black on white crime.

The Never Trump movement is weak but growing. Men like Senator Ben Sasse and Glenn Beck, principled men who I happen to disagree with on a host of issues, are leading the charge. Trump is strong, but not inevitable.

In the end, it is simple. I will never vote for a race-baiting, xenophobic, religious bigot who wants to violate international law and constitutional rights. I will never vote for a man who condones violence against others who don't share his "vision."

#NeverTrump