Getting out of my last final exam this year brought me the same euphoria I experienced when I finished the last Harry Potter novel; overwhelming emotion and tremendous relief. When I reached the end of April the only thing on my mind was my two dogs, home cooked meals, and much needed break from the hustle and bustle of being a college student. However, we're not even half way through July and I think at this point I would sleep in the campus library if I could just to be back at school. Here are a few things from college that I never would've expected to miss so much.
Honestly, the chances of me finding an empty washer and dryer in a college dorm are much higher than me finding one in my house. You would think that with only five people in a house, getting the chance to wash your garments wouldn't be much of an issue... unless you live with five people in a house then yes doing your laundry can be a challenge.
Sure, dining hall foods aren't that great and yeah, the food definitely gets old after awhile. But you know what doesn't get old? Being able to have virtually every non-alcoholic beverage option in one place. Also having unlimited access to ice cream is a ravishing bonus.
My Dorm Bed?
I don't know what it is about a twin XL mattress and a foam mattress pad but I slept like a literal newborn baby this school year. Seriously, name a better combination. Also, there's no denying that dorm beds are the perfect size for a solo Netflix night.
Personally, I found quiet hours to be rather annoying until I realized that waking up at 2 a.m to your 14 year old brother playing on his Xbox is without a shred of doubt more irritating. I'm thinking of asking my parents to install some quiet hours in the upstairs of my house- at least during the work week.
The Actual School Part
I had to save this for last because it's the least believable but honestly, I am going bored out of my mind. Also, it's a bit daunting knowing how much of my degree I still have to finish and I really can't accomplish anything towards it while i"m not in class. I know that by the first week of September I will be eating my own words but I would give anything to walk into a lecture hall tomorrow rather than clock into work.
- 14 Things Students Miss About College In The Summer ›
- 8 Things You Miss About College During Winter Break ›
- The Things I'll Miss About College ›
- What I Miss About College Already After My First Year ›
- What I miss about school now that Im home ›
- 13 Things You Miss About College While You're Home For Summer ... ›
- Things I Miss About School ›
- 25 Things I'll Miss About Being A College Student ›
- 11 Things I Miss About College ›
- college-tips/14-things-students-miss-about-college-in-the-summer/ ›
- 19 Things You Miss After Graduating College ›
- 15 Things You'll Miss About College – and 7 Things You Definitely ... ›
- 7 Things I Miss About College | Thought Catalog ›
- 11 Things I Miss About College in My Mid-20s | HuffPost ›
- 14 Things You'll Miss After Graduating College ›
- 20 Things To Miss About Being in College | The College Tourist ›
- Adults reveal what they miss the most about college - INSIDER ›