5 Things I Miss About College During The Summer

5 Things I Never Thought I Would Miss About College Over The Summer

Summer's all fun and games until you're in college and working every day.

7

Getting out of my last final exam this year brought me the same euphoria I experienced when I finished the last Harry Potter novel; overwhelming emotion and tremendous relief. When I reached the end of April the only thing on my mind was my two dogs, home cooked meals, and much needed break from the hustle and bustle of being a college student. However, we're not even half way through July and I think at this point I would sleep in the campus library if I could just to be back at school. Here are a few things from college that I never would've expected to miss so much.

Laundry Rooms

Honestly, the chances of me finding an empty washer and dryer in a college dorm are much higher than me finding one in my house. You would think that with only five people in a house, getting the chance to wash your garments wouldn't be much of an issue... unless you live with five people in a house then yes doing your laundry can be a challenge.

Dining Halls

Sure, dining hall foods aren't that great and yeah, the food definitely gets old after awhile. But you know what doesn't get old? Being able to have virtually every non-alcoholic beverage option in one place. Also having unlimited access to ice cream is a ravishing bonus.

My Dorm Bed?

I don't know what it is about a twin XL mattress and a foam mattress pad but I slept like a literal newborn baby this school year. Seriously, name a better combination. Also, there's no denying that dorm beds are the perfect size for a solo Netflix night.

Quiet Hours

Personally, I found quiet hours to be rather annoying until I realized that waking up at 2 a.m to your 14 year old brother playing on his Xbox is without a shred of doubt more irritating. I'm thinking of asking my parents to install some quiet hours in the upstairs of my house- at least during the work week.

The Actual School Part

I had to save this for last because it's the least believable but honestly, I am going bored out of my mind. Also, it's a bit daunting knowing how much of my degree I still have to finish and I really can't accomplish anything towards it while i"m not in class. I know that by the first week of September I will be eating my own words but I would give anything to walk into a lecture hall tomorrow rather than clock into work.