Netflix Just released "Big Mouth", And It's Everything You Need

Cue the aggressive return of all the middle school memories you tried to bury.

161
big mouth

On September 29th Netflix released the first season of a show called "Big Mouth". In case you haven't seen the trailers, this is a cartoon based on middle school experiences; everything from starting puberty to getting your first boyfriend to the drama that we all know you secretly miss.

This TV-MA rated show features a wide cast of actors and actresses, like Nick Kroll, Maya Rudolph, Jenny Slate and Jordan Peele.

I sat down to watch it shortly after returning to campus on late Sunday afternoon. I thought maybe I'd get through the first two or three episodes. How bad can it be? I figured, sneaking a glance at the cast list. The trailer looked funny. I'd been jonesin' for a new show ever since the season finale of "Game of Thrones".

And oh, boy, is it a kicker. How do I begin to describe it?

Raunchy jokes galore and some animation you probably thought you'd never see grace your laptop screen. The show follows a few main characters, Jessi, Nick, Andrew, and Missy, who respectively show you how their lives were turned upside down when the horror of all horrors hits:

Puberty. *shudder.*

And despite the tiny part of your brain that's wondering how in tarnation these kids find the time to get away from school and do all the shenanigans they get up to, you really feel for the main characters.

I was hooked three episodes in. The show covers it all: female insecurities, male insecurities, how bad some parents are at the sex talk (and how some don't give it at all), getting your first period unexpectedly (as if there was any other way to get it am I right ladies???), the mind blown moments we all never expected in middle school, getting your first kiss, not getting your first kiss, and even has the fun bonus of the hormone monster, a tangible representation of the main character's hormones that a select few can interact with to help them (I say help. I mean more like create chaos) as these poor twelve-year-olds try to navigate what we all got through successfully.

As much as I really don't want to relive that part of my life, I also have three episodes left of this show that I didn't manage to include on my bingeing spree last night.

If you'll excuse me.