How You Know You're Neglecting Your Own Health And Self-Care

A Letter To The Person That I've Been Neglecting More Than Anyone Else... Myself

Self care is important, and it shouldn't come second to anything.

22

Hey, yeah, hi, it's me, Lanette.

I hope it hasn't been too long since we've had a decent conversation. And by decent, I mean not just small talk and "hope you're doing okay!" voicemails just to make sure the other is alive. I mean, those deep, DEEP conversations we used to have about family, events happening in the world, and what it means to grow old. Yeah, I really miss having conversations like that. They weren't always daily, and sometimes other things got in the way, but the fact that we used to have them a lot honestly means the world to me.

I'm writing mostly because we haven't had these conversations in a while. I've been so busy with all the responsibilities that I've had to take on recently, that I really feel like I've been neglecting you. But I know you're super proud of me because it's everything I've always talked about and more! It's everything that you pushed me day in and day out to do, and it's so satisfying to see that everything will be reaching its climax very soon.

But at the same time, I still feel so bad about neglecting you as I had. It's not fair to you, and it's not fair to me. We're supposed to build off of each other and grow with each other, but how can we do that if we're not constantly checking up on each other as we should? I just hope that once all of this is over, we can finally be together and talk like the old pals we are. Hell, I promise that we'll see each other before all of this passes.

I'm excited to enjoy life with you again and to finally feel free and relaxed. I can't wait to look in the mirror again and see you eye-bagless, bubbling with energy, and full of renewed life. I'm excited for myself. I'm excited for you. I'm excited for us. I hope to finally meet you at the end of the tunnel and see you filled with happiness and success.

And hopefully, we can finally join as one and walk off into the sunrise of our future. I can't wait to see you soon!

From me to you, as one,

Lanette.