NBA Season Q and A Part 2

NBA Season Q and A Part 2

Answering questions given to me via Facebook, Text, Snapchat, and Instagram

18
NBA Season Q and A Part 2
Google Images

With the NBA season coming up, I have decided to do another Q and A article, since the off-season one was so popular. Just like the last Q and A article, I was given questions from friends via Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, text, and Instagram. I was supposed to do one Q and A article with 10 questions but I ended up getting 20 questions. This week are the last 10 questions of the 20. Thank you to everyone that submitted questions to me, I really appreciate it.

The first pair of questions comes from a friend of mine that also goes to Cazenovia College and is also a huge spurs fan. Brian Sepulveda's question's obviously is about the Spurs. His questions are about what the Spurs season will look like this year and how the Spurs will adjust to their first season without Tim Duncan.

How do you think the Spurs will do this season?

Last season, the Spurs were eliminated in the Western semifinals against the Oklahoma City Thunder. Not so soon after that, Tim Duncan announced he his retirement from the NBA. Now the team looks to move on from Duncan, as they now try to build a new big three with Kawhi Leonard, LaMarcus Aldridge, and another player. With the season coming up, rumors are spreading around that Aldridge isn't happy with the Spurs and he might be traded. I predict the Spurs to keep Aldridge and to be a top five team in the NBA and a top two team in the West. These Spurs are way too experienced and has good players with playoff experience. You also can't forget about one of the greatest NBA coaches today in Gregg Poppovich. I see them quietly being one of the best teams in the NBA as the Spurs usually do.

How will the Spurs do without Tim Duncan?

The Spurs will be one of the best teams in the league, but it might depend on what they do with LaMarcus Aldridge. If they trade him, they would need something good in return for him. With LaMarcus Aldridge they are a top five team, without him it would depend on who they would get in return. The Spurs will be missing a huge leader and the heart of the franchise, but they will have no problem getting to the playoffs and having a great regular season.

The next pair of questions is from my good friend and my first residential advisor here at Cazenovia College, Akeem Nyjel Wright. He no longer goes to Cazenovia College, but whenever he comes to visit, he gets the same amount of love as when he was here. His questions has to do with Draymond Green's fantasy basketball value and rookies.

What is Draymond Green's fantasy value now that Kevin Durant is a Warrior?

This past off season, Kevin Durant joined a team that went 73-9 breaking the 95-96 Chicago Bulls regular season record. This has a lot of fantasy basketball implications. With having another superstar in Golden State, most likely everyone's scoring will be going down a bit. Draymond Green will be effected by this by having his scoring go down but his defensive stats and assists will stay the same since he is arguably the Warriors best defensive starter. I see Draymond fantasy wise being a top three power forward in any fantasy basketball league.

Based on stats who do you think will be this year's breakout rookie?

I looked up some of the preseason stats and after doing that, I would have to go with Buddy Hield from the New Orleans Pelicans that was drafted out of Oklahoma University. He is averaging 12.5 points in the preseason, which is second among rookies and is shooting 90% from the free throw line. Hield was known in college as a good scorer and that scoring ability will translate in the NBA. I see him contending for the rookie of the year award but not winning it. He will most likely make the NBA All-Rookie first or second team.

The next pair of questions are from a guy I met last year, who eerily looks like last year's NBA 2K mycareer player, Freq. His name is Elijah Dones. His questions are about James Harden being moved to point guard and what rookie has the most potential.

How will James Harden at point guard effect him and the Rockets?

Last year, the Houston Rockets were a hot mess as they barely made it to the playoffs. They were quickly eliminated in the first round by the Golden State Warriors. After that, Dwight Howard decided to leave Houston for his hometown Atlanta Hawks. After a lot of changes during the offseason, it will be interesting to see what they do with James Harden. This year, James Harden will be playing point guard for the Rockets. James has the handles and passing ability for the position, but the question is can he guard other point guards? James Harden is one of the best scorers in the league but his defense has always been questionable. Harden is one if the best players in the league and I expect him to do well at the point guard position. Maybe average somewhere between five to eight assists per game. This will benefit the Rockets by having James Harden spread the defense and dish it out to the open player.

Which rookie has the most potential?

My pick would be Brandon Ingram. He has heard a lot of NBA comparisons to Kevin Durant and I agree with those comparisons. Also, he has players like D'Angelo Russell, Jordan Clarkson, and Julius Randle around him. With a good young core around him, plus what he can do, I see Ingram having a nice career.

The next set of questions are from Ty Zelinsky. The man who went undefeated in my fantasy basketball league last year and won it. His questions are about rookies and the Warriors.

Out of Jamaal Murray, Buddy Hield, and Kris Dunn who would win rookie of the year and why?

Out of this group of three, I would have to choose Buddy Hield. As of right now, Buddy Hield is the only starter out of the three rookies. Also, he will be on a team with superstar Anthony Davis. In college, Buddy Hield was a phenomenal scorer and I see him being a good scorer in the league. The Pelicans will need a lot of scoring to help out Anthony Davis and since point guard Jrue Holiday is out attending to his wife. I see Buddy Hield finishing top five in the rookie of the year voting.

What do you expect to be the Warriors record this season?

Recently in my basketball articles, I felt like I have talked about the Warriors so much, so I will just say that they will lose no more than 20 games.

The last pair of questions come from a guy I like to call one of my best friends and a brother, and he is also one of my two roommates. This man is Tommy Cooper. He is also a huge basketball fan, just like me, but he is a Knicks fan. His two questions involve the NBA in the past and present.

Will the NBA go back to the way it was?

Back then when Jordan and Bird played, the NBA was fun but it was also dangerous; players could get injured at any time due to reckless and hard fouls. Also, the NBA in the past was more competitive than it is now. Currently, there have been several rules made to protect players and the game. This has been a good thing and a bad thing because it protects the players, which is good but it takes away some of the excitement. I don't see the NBA changing due to player safety and how it is looking right now.

Could current players last in the old NBA?

In my opinion, players like Russell Westbrook, Lebron James, and players that are more physical could survive in the old NBA. The old NBA was about toughness and not backing down, and I can see some players in the NBA playing well in the old NBA.

Those are all of my 20 questions answered! I want to thank everyone for giving me questions to answer for them. I really appreciate everyone's enthusiasm and I hope I answered them for you. Make sure you guys stay tuned for my next article!