12 Things Every NASCAR Fan Knows To Be True

NASCAR: a damn good time.

636
NASCAR

NASCAR is a sport whether you want to admit it or not. It is more than left turns and driving fast. It is knowing whether or not you can pit during caution. It’s knowing when you need new tires, gas, etc. It’s helping your teammate when you know that there is no chance that you can win. Racing takes a high level of dedication. Here are a few things that you should know about NASCAR:

1. Family

NASCAR is one of the biggest family sports that I have ever watched. This sport brings families together. There is always a sense of bonding whether your driver is winning or not. And there is nothing cuter than seeing the drivers’ family beside them during prayer and the National Anthem.

2. The Daytona 500

The first, and most popular race of the NASCAR season. Every NASCAR fan dreams of making it to the Daytona 500 at least once.

3. Dale Earnhardt Sr

A true American legend. Raise hell; praise Dale.

4. Dale Earnhardt Jr.

The sport’s most popular driver. The fans love him and can’t seem to get enough.

5. “Boogity, boogity, boogity. Let’s go racin’ boys!”

The famous words of Darrell Waltrip that are said at the beginning of each race as the drivers are crossing the start/finish line. You can't help but say the famous line with him.

6. “If you ain’t first, you’re last.”

NASCAR is one of the most competitive sports out there. There are 40 drivers and only one winner. You do the math.

7. Everyone hates Kyle Busch.

Those that do not hate him do not understand NASCAR or suck just as much as he does. Did you guys watch the Cobalt 400 in Las Vegas? Watch the video below, and choose anyone but Busch.

8. Wrecks

One of the most exciting parts of NASCAR. When there is a wreck, all of your emotions come out. You’re glad that #18 was in the mess and is now down a few laps, but now you just found out that your driver was involved and could potentially be out of the race. All of a sudden you went from excited to throwing the remote at the TV in a matter of 0.3 seconds. Talladega, just watch it.

9. Being at the track.

Watching the race on TV is fine, but being there at the track is something incredible. The roaring and rumbling of the cars as they pass by you. The smell of burnt rubber mixed with the beer that your neighbor spilled on you out of pure excitement. The crowd cheering (or booing) as the drivers round turn four for the very last time. It is something that you have to experience for yourself. You will not regret it.

10. The new 5-minute rule.

Potentially the dumbest rule that NASCAR has ever created. Five minutes in the pits after a wreck to fix your vehicle without it going to the garage? That is basically impossible. What were you guys thinking?

11. Cute Drivers

Most of the drivers are younger guys and are beautiful to look at. Even after the race when they are all sweaty. Chase Elliot, I’m talking about you dear.

12. Depression

Your depression finally sets in when the NASCAR finally comes to a close. What will you do on Sunday’s from October to February?

I grew up watching NASCAR and I plan on growing old watching NASCAR races. If you have never been to a race I recommend you do so. Even if you do not find the race interesting, just the atmosphere itself will cause you to have a good time. Grab a beer, kick back, and let’s go racing.