My Wisdom Teeth Experience

Wow so as I am writing this, I have a wrap on my face with an ice pack keeping my mouth numb. Wisdom teeth are no joke - I mean that's obvious with the pain and drugs. I'm writing this just because I feel like every experience in getting someone's wisdom teeth removed is quite different. You see the videos of the crazy reactions to the "high" some patients get and then you hear of how terrible the pain is. For a teenager about to go in for this surgery, that may freak you out a bit. Well, at least it did for me.

Today I woke up at 9 AM to go in for my procedure at 10 AM. I literally rolled out of bed brushed my teeth and called it a day. I hadn't eaten anything since midnight the night before and if you know me, when I am hungry I get super HANGRY (hungry + angry). I was not having this whole "no eating" thing. But I did what they said and I didn't have a single bite of food - NOT EVEN WATER... sorry I'm still a little bitter.

Once I got to the oral surgeon's office, I signed some paperwork and had my cousin (who was there to drive my drugged self home) sign some as well. We were then brought back into the place where she would be waiting and within 5 minutes I was laying in a chair being hooked up to fluids. I had the kind of anesthesia that would go through an IV and completely knock me unconscious. I did NOT want to have my eyes open or be able to hear anything. They gave me oxygen and began the drugs, then the next thing I remember was documenting my drugged self on Snapchat.

Friends - do NOT use Snapchat when you are on these drugs. You can have your friends/family video you or whatever but the angle Snapchat shows is not a pretty sight. I posted around eight videos to show how ridiculous I looked and I proceeded to show the camera the gauze in my mouth. Yes, I know, pretty disgusting huh? One of my last videos I even said, "Trump wants to make America great again, you know what can make America great again? To get this stuff out of my mouth." As semi funny as that is, I wasn't hysterical. I was actually pretty boring. Later on when I came to my senses I did delete the videos (after 87 people saw them of course).

I left the clinic and went to pick up my medicine. On the way as I was becoming more like a rational human, my cousin told me the doctor said that my sinus cavity was so thin and my left upper wisdom tooth was so high up that it came out with it. Yes, you read that correctly I have a freaking hole in my sinuses. They prescribed me some antibiotics and saline nasal spray and just said "don't blow your nose for 2 weeks and sneeze with your mouth open". Thinking I wouldn't have any issues I wasn't worried. Let me just tell you that has been the worst part of my recovery. I have had 4 very annoying nose bleeds and I can't stand not being able to blow my nose.

Now on a lighter note, the absolute best part of my recovery has been the milkshakes. Oh man they are so yummy, I've already had three of them and I don't regret a thing. In fact, I might even make another one in a minute. Whataburger milkshakes are the best things created - if you don't have a Whataburger near you, bless your heart.

Overall, my experience has been pretty good. A lot better than I was expecting. I only had one wisdom tooth, my left upper one and my bleeding was not bad (other than these outrageous nose bleeds). I have been able to manage my pain with just ibuprofen, sleep and ice. I didn't even have to take the prescription pain medicine which is great. Not saying it's bad if you do, just my personal choice. It was a quick and painless procedure and I obviously don't remember a thing.

If you made it to the end of this article you're either really curious about my life (doubtful), you are about to get your wisdom teeth out (wishing you the best) or you're super bored and you realized you just wasted time you could have used to sleep. Regardless, thank you so much for reading this and please take the time to either follow me on here, share this article, or read and share my other articles. I promise they're more interesting.