My Thoughts During This Election

My Thoughts During This Election

It's been ruff.

7
My Thoughts During This Election
http://imgur.com/9FVsWBR

After Donald Trump was elected as our next President, the country has been in disarray. I for one, have seen varying amounts of reactions and some of them are extreme on both sides. Some of this extremity is warranted, some is not. I haven't said much, mostly because I admittedly don't know much about politics. I personally don't feel comfortable arguing with others because I haven't done extensive research on every topic.

I do however know about human compassion, and empathy. I once cried because I almost ran over a cat while driving. The cat was literally fine. I was sobbing anyways. So it makes me extremely sad to see how this election has impacted many people. So many people are scared of what is to come. I do not fear for my literal existence because of this election, and that alone is what makes it hard for me to understand the depths of what people are feeling. I hate fighting about politics, because as I stated above: I am not qualified to do so. But I am qualified to care about others, and I do. Regardless of how a person got here, or what their story is, I'm going to try to understand them. Human beings are human beings.

I would never want to upset any of my friends or family with my post. However, I have encountered some things during this election, especially recently as it has come to an end, that I don't agree with. My opinion is small in the grand scheme of things, and I may come off as unengaged, but it's nothing I'm not honest about. It's hard to juggle the weight of this election, and all of my other responsibilities. Truthfully I'm just trying to make it to Thanksgiving break.

With that being said, I have experienced this just like everyone else. I have seen things, and I've felt things. I've observed things and I've heard of things. Honestly, I'm trying to lighten the mood with some dog GIFs. People love dogs.

Here are some of the thoughts I've had throughout this Election. Hopefully some of these items are relatable, no matter what stance you take.

This is how my Facebook feed makes me feel.

Houston, we have a problem. It's America.

I'll need to keep up with everything the best I can.

I'm doing my best, but I'm tired.

Someone just said to burn the flag.

Don't do that.

"Climate change isn't important, and Gays should be converted."

Honestly, I have no words.

I think I'm going to go underground for a while.

I have zero dollars.

I'm in a cardboard box of emotion.

Nothing makes sense and I can't afford a glass case.

I just need to go for a drive.

I don't even know if I have time to react to this election. I'm like 50 elbows deep in misery with all my school work, jobs, and volunteering. I scheduled myself some time to bite my fingernails tomorrow afternoon.

Politics are just hard.

*Live footage of each side trying to accept the other side*

What it's like trying to get a word in that's not about politics.

Ah, finally I'm in. Nope. Now the moment has passed.

America continues taking L's.

Sure, Hillary belongs in an orange jumpsuit, and Trump should probably relocate his home to an ice cap, since those are never melting. But for my friends and fellow citizens that are protesting, burning flags isn't going to help anything. All that is going to do is give Trump supporters more negative things to say about you. Election aside, many men and women past and present have fought and died for that flag. That flag is not a punching bag for political conflict. It's a symbol of everything that is America, good and bad. There are so many better ways to protest, and I encourage you to do so if that is your choice.

For those of you who see this Trump victory as a valid excuse to direct hate at people who are different than you, why don't you try choking instead. You want to "Make America Great Again" why don't you start by giving yourself a reality check. And those of you Trump supporters who aren't behaving like this: you voted how you did, and you have your reasons. I'm not interested in arguing about that. Perhaps you just hated Hillary that much. What's done is done. But many of the Trump supporters I know would never paint swastikas, or target people verbally or violently based on who they are and who they love. So stay that way. Change people's minds. Beat the stigma. If all laws were abolished tomorrow, we'd still be human beings with morals and we need to look out for each other no matter what.

Sometimes a bone has to be broken again so it can heal correctly. America is broken right now, so let's heal as a nation, with what we've got.

Lastly, I wish I was this dog.

Look at this guy. He's just zoomin' over the water. He belongs to no political party, he just belongs to the waves, bruh.