My Two Sisters Are My Best Friends, And I Wouldn't Have It Any Other Way

We constantly take all the relationships in our lives for granted until they are no longer sitting in front of us anymore.

405
Caroline Parry

If you clicked on this hoping to read about why my sorority sisters are my best friends, sorry. I want to talk about my blonde, bubbly, and hilarious sisters who make me who I am. I also want to apologize to my parents for driving them insane all these years with our crazy antics.

Alex is my older sister. She is 23 years old and boy oh boy, did she make it easy for my younger sister and I to get away with the stuff we did. I would like to thank Alex for always encouraging me to try new things. Such as jumping off the train table in our basement onto a laundry basket, resulting in a very exciting trip to the emergency room, followed by some stitches.

Despite us having about 4 years between us, I would say we are pretty close. That is the cool thing about having an older sister. No matter what the age difference is, you can always ask them for help or go to them for advice. She was not really in my life for a couple years because she was living down in Texas with a boy she was dating, but we had to reclaim her eventually. Even when I just go home for a weekend I am always looking forward to seeing her, she always has some funny story to tell me or show me a video of something cute her dog did.

Cameron, my younger sister, is a whole other story. Cameron is 18 years old and goes to school about an hour and a half away from me where she plays lacrosse. The two of us were very close growing up because we are so close in age.

And I think my parents thought it would be a good idea to have us share a room when we moved to the house we live in now, little did they know we would be playing jump rope at 11 p.m. or beating each other up.

She is a pretty cool little sister, but I'm honestly surprised she made it this far. When we were younger Cameron was always getting lost if we went somewhere in public. So from time to time my whole family would leave her in a store and walk outside waiting for her to run out hysterically crying looking for us.

The three of us can get into the biggest fights over the smallest things, but five minutes later be best friends again. It is pretty cool having two sisters and being stuck right in the middle of them. But that is also super scary because one day I might not be this close to them. One day we are going to go our own directions, pursue our own dreams, and make our own mark in the world. I constantly think about this and it is honestly so scary to me.

Thank god Cameron is only an hour and a half away, I can practically visit her whenever I want. And I am so glad Alex moved back home, because the few years she was away I really missed her, but don't tell her that.

We constantly take all the relationships in our lives for granted until they are no longer sitting in front of us anymore. So if you too have a sister, text her once a week reminding her of something stupid you did when you were kids, remind her of that bad hair cut she got, because the memories you share with your sisters are priceless and no one can take them away from you. But most importantly, remind yourself of how precious a relationship with your sister should be. One day, she might not be there to zip your dress, or pick you up off the floor after a boy breaks your heart.

My sisters are my best friends because they make me laugh, cry, and do stupid things. Most of all, they make me who I am and always challenge me to be the best I can be. My sisters are funny, obnoxious, loud, annoying, but the best part is, they are all MINE.