To Target, My Second Home

To Target, My Second Home

One of my favorite places to be!

504
To Target, My Second Home
Mia Stammer / YouTube

I love my home. But I might just love my second home more. And my second home is Target. I am not kidding when I say that. I go to Target for literally anything and everything. I go there to get food, makeup, clothes, supplies, anything.

I am always in the mood for Target, and am happier than ever when I'm there. I love going with my mom, but going alone offers its own peacefulness. Going to Target offers one of the greatest experiences ever, so let me walk you through mine.

Step 1: Pulling up in the parking lot

The first step to adventure is finding that perfect parking spot. You don’t want it too far but not too close either. I usually park somewhere that doesn’t have too many cars around it. I pick up my purse, my keys, and my phone. I lock my car and stride towards the red and white palace.

Step 2: Entering

Entering Target gives me so much excitement. It’s such a comforting feeling but also an anxious feeling because you don’t know what you’re about to find. As I grab my cart, I make my first stop at the little dollar section. There are SO many things there- holiday items, stationery, socks, iPhone cases- you name it.

Step 3: Aisle surfing

Sometimes I know what my goals are for the shopping trip. Other times, I just roam around. I usually always start with the clothing section first. Target really has upped their clothing game over the past few years and always has cute shirts. After the clothing section, I make my way to the makeup aisle. I’ll look at all the makeup I probably don’t need, but convince myself that I do need it and put it in my cart.

And then I make my way to my favorite section. The food section. There are so many aisles with so many choices- chips, trail mix, chocolate, cake mix. ANYTHING. After locating all my favorite snacks I make my way to the section nearby. This would be the seasonal section. Each season has the greatest things. I could spend hours in that aisle alone, especially during back to school season.

Next stop is the home decor section. I cannot even explain how much I love the home decor at Target. I love to envision my future home or apartment with all the decor and I can’t wait to actually purchase decor for my future home. The great photo frames, mugs, and throw pillows all really get me.

4. Checking Out

For good measures, I’ll walk through the stationery aisles and the toy aisles. After that I make my way to check-out, contemplating whether I really need the stuff in my cart or not. After making a more often than not expensive purchase, I happily take my stuff to my car and make sure it's safe.